Sulfur Mojave x Pastel Clutch of 11 just shed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
Dale Porcher DVM
Sulfur Mojave x Pastel Clutch of 11 just shed

From a Sulfur Mojave male purchased last year from David Reid to a nice big Pastel female. Think that I hit 2 Sulfur Pastel Mojaves??, a few Sulfur Pastels??, a few Sulfur Mojaves, maybe 1 Pastel Mojave and 1 Pastel and 1 Sulfur. no normals! Woo Hoo! Pics are the clutch and one of the Sulfur Mojave breeding a normal Mojave for comparison. Because of his color and history, I'm also beginning to believe he is a Sulfur Ghost Mojave. I'll try and prove it out next year. That's another project. Thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sulfur Mojave x Pastel clutch of 11 003.jpg (196.7 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg Sulfur Mojave x Bud's Mojave 003.jpg (209.6 KB, 172 views)

Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
jjhall8
Nice clutch Dale! The sire sure looks hypo to me.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Breaking Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhall8 View Post
Nice clutch Dale! The sire sure looks hypo to me.
I agree. I have a Fire/Sulfur Mojave that is smoking but doesn't look anything like that. Congrats on a great clutch!

Regards,

B

Old 08-21-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
Dale Porcher DVM
Sulfur Mojave

Are you the same Jeremy Hall who purchased the Sulfur Mojave female from me at the Daytona Expo?
Breaking Balls , that's why I'm suspicious, as I've produced a few Sulfur Mojaves and none of them look as bleached out or as silver as dad. David Reid purchased the original female from a pet store where at the same time he also bought a snake that he dubbed the Ember and if I'm not mistaking the Ember proved to also be Het Hypo? Maybe David will correct me if I'm wrong.I would love to see others pics of adult Fire Mojaves or adult Sulfur Mojaves just to compare. I have last years babies that are around 600 grams and they aren't the same.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
jjhall8
Yep thats me Dale.

Old 08-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
MrBig
Given the hypo Fire pics and snakes I've seen, I agree that's a Hypo Fire Mojo. I also agree with what you think you have. Congrats that's a smoking clutch and hot breeders

Old 08-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
Dale Porcher DVM
Sulfur

Jeremy, again, nice to have met you and I just saw that you've been a member on Fauna since 2004? You're an old timer here! I wish you the best of luck with that girl, I love my Sulfur Mojave girl from last year. If the male proves to be Hypo next year I will definitely contact you. I only have one Ghost female and she was bred to a Pied this year, next year, I'll use the Sulfur Mojave. I also have a few of his daughters that have a long shot at being up to size late next year. I'll keep you posted. Dale

Old 08-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #8
Breaking Balls

She's smoking but yeah, she's definately not a Hypo Sulfur Mojave The story goes that I bought her as a Fire Mojave but she's actually a Sulfur Mojave. The guy I bought her from doesn't really post on the internet. He had lost my phone number but purchased the mother to my snake and found out she was actually a Sulfur. He contacted me and let me know recently. I don't care Fire/Sulfur Mojave whatever, she's smoking. I have eggs to cut this week from her bred to a Pastel Yellow Belly.

Regards,

B

Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
Dale Porcher DVM
Sulfur vs Fire

Thanks for posting her picture as I have not seen another adult Sulfur Mojave. It helps. It has been proven that Sulfur and Fire are basically the same, however, have you seen the Super Sulfurs that David Reid produced? Loads of yellow down almost the entire dorsal area, I'll take that any day over an all white snake, and I have a few of those also. So in my opinion, your Sulfur Mojave is an upgrade over the Fire version for that reason alone.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
Breaking Balls
Thanks Dale! I'm glad I could help out and show that gorgeous girl off I really like the Super Sulfur for that reason alone. The extra pattern is really nice and I agree that it is nicer than an all white snake. However, I tend to like the cleaner combos the Fire's make other than the Super. On the plus side, I already have a Fire het Hypo girl in my collection so adding Sulfur is just a bonus Good luck again and congrats on your male. That's a breeding powerhouse right there.

Regards,

B

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!