Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #91
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
"watch the "chicken'???"

Old 02-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #92
nora
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
Ohhh baby......
i was talkin about the emu chuck.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:54 PM   #93
akaangela
You have a very beautiful dog The emu chick is cute too. I hope it stops biting you, there wont be anything left for when it gets older

Old 02-10-2008, 02:50 AM   #94
heathn
There's my puppy!!! Being a good pup I see, lol.

nice bird btw. think the pup is thinking about 'leftovers'? lmao

Old 02-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #95
LadyOhh
SOCHEE!!!

EEEEMOOOOO!!!!

DEE-OH-GEE!!!

Congrats, Cheryl

Old 02-15-2008, 12:48 PM   #96
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
The Emu is a week old now. It's eating and drinking well.

I won't name it~ I'm still not sure I'm not going to eat it. Family wants to name it. They keep suggesting stuff. I think IT thinks it's name is "little friend" because I call it that most often. I don't want to be attached to it. I might still eat it...........

It's been a rough week here~ Neighbor dogs massacred the chickens and turkeys last Monday. It was horrible~ the dogs showed up out of nowhere and killed 10 chickens and 3 turkeys in less than 5 minutes. I checked the birds~ 10 min later Will went out to lock up the coop and it was all over. One dog was in the pen~ the other in the coop~ they had NO chance. I have two left that escaped to the woods. I'm really upset about it. I was really getting attached to the chickens and turkeys~ they were so much fun to watch~ and I had put SO MUCH WORK into them. I'm pretty sure I know who's dogs they were~ but I can't prove it and they don't believe it was their dogs. I bought traps that will be in next week and I will try to catch the dogs and send them to the pound ~I really want to shoot them~ but I'd never seen them this far over on the property before or since (the jerk neighbors let their dogs crap in my pasture about 2 acre from the massacre and don't seem to understand when I ask them not to allow their dogs on my property that means the part of MY property in front of their house too!).......I'm not a very good shot......and it's illegal for me to shoot their dogs unless they are currently harassing livestock (and since they killed them there is no livestock left to harass!) The two chickens left WILL NOT come out of the coop. Not dumb birds I guess.

Since that happened I'm afraid to put the emu outside~ luckily it is still too little. For now it's living in my kitchen in a dog crate.

I put boards across the kitchen door and most of the day it has full run of the kitchen. It chirps, whistles, looks entirely too cute and craps a lot. I talk to it a lot.......but before long it will get to big to live in my kitchen. I'm going to get attached if I'm not careful. I don't want to get attached to it.

On the bright side~ I hatched 13 more Turkeys (afraid to put those outside too)......

and Scott encouraged me to order some new chickens from a hatchery........
so I did
But I'm not sure how it happened.....
I ordered 3 geese.....to keep with that stupid Emu.....and....um.....
well.....
75 chickens
It's amazing how many breeds there are and how 5 of these and 5 of those add up to 75 chickens. Not sure how to explain to Scott that I replaced the 13 dead birds with 78 new ones. Guess I could wait and see how he reacts when they get here. I doubt they'll stand still long enough for him to count all 78 of them..................

Old 02-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #97
Wilomn
You know, it's a weird coincidence, but I used to know a lady name of Cheryl out here. She was a crazy snake lady.

Now I know another Cheryl out your way, the Crazy Chicken Lady, friend of The Emu, and rancher of turkeys.

Bizarre world isn't it? I wonder what would happen if the 2 Cheryls ever met?

Old 02-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #98
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I don't know..........
maybe if I tell Scott the chickens are snake food......and then let them get too big for the snakes to eat......?

I'm telling ya Wes~ I am having so much fun!
except for the part where I had to clean up the carcuses of the chickens and turkeys I hatched in my basement (those have to be turned 3 times a day~ more work to hatch than reptile eggs too!) and then babied along in my kitchen and garage for six weeks and hauled into and out of the outside pen every morning and every evening for two weeks....................
that part sucked. A lot.
You know me....I love dogs. But the truth is.......when I first ordered the traps it was because I'm not a very good shot and I figured I needed something to hold those dogs still while I shot them. It wasn't until later when I calmed down some that it became so I could send them to the pound and hopefully cost thier owners a bunch of money till the get rid of the foul chicken killing beasts.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #99
LadyOhh
Sorry to hear that Cheryl...

But the Emu is too cute

Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #100
Laura Fopiano
Hey crazy chicken lady, since I have a few months on you out here in this wondrous new place I have a few pointers for ya.

The beauty of having that much property is you can discharge a weapon on your own land and not bother anyone. So I would suggest getting a 22 rifle and practice, pratice, practice!

Nothing irritates me more than the neighbors dogs coming up here. Bry's dad though he shot and killed one over a month ago. Well, Bry and I checked it for an entrance and or exit wound and it appears that the discharge from the gun gave it a little dogie stroke or heart attack LMAO

You will find a lot of irresponsible dog ownership out here, hunters coming onto or setting up deer stands on your property, and other oddities that add to the charm and humor of the south.

I say keep it as a pet and if you know that you can raise more of them, do so and eat them. It looks so cute and is "Lucky" that you have protected it's little bird life.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!