What are your 'other' hobbies? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
sagespyder@yahoo.com
I LOVE to go fishing. on a good day i will be out there at 5am until about midnight or later depending on the weather. i also do a lot of work outside on gardens, gladiolas in the front and veggies in the back, organic. i paint, write, read, make jewelry, dreamcatchers, and try a little sculpting once in a while. i recently made a green man and will post a pic of it later. i do collect ann mccaffery's dragon riders of pern books. shot glasses are another fav of mine and are practical, a vice no doubt :P I also collect pokemon cards and the games still play them myself. i collect unicorns and pegasus statues but most of them broke when i moved from mn to ca. one that i don't broadcast too often is i collect my little ponies. i have the 25th anniversary box collection still in the box in mint condition. i also collect swords, katanas, daggers, all sorts of weaponry. i even have a chakram, not a replica from xena but you get the pic.

but fishing, fishing is what i love besides dragons.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #12
Shadera
You guys that collect dragons and other mystical critters, are you into Windstones? I forgot to add that to my list, have about 20 of those. Started with just one, then I got a little obsessive. Doesn't help that she keeps coming out with these amazing new paint jobs and sculpts.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #13
AK907
Guitar. Haven't been in a band in years and I rarely have the time anymore, though. Fishing... When I can. I also collect shot glasses I guess. I started out with a couple for personal use, then people just started buying them for me. I probably have a couple hundred at the moment, not counting all the ones I've accidentally broken. Everything from plain shotglasses to boot shaped ones, ones from Disneyworld, Las Vegas, and wherever and every saying you can imagine in every size from half shots to 8 ounces, glass, plastic and stone. I've got them all. Only a few have actually been used by me.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 AM   #14
AK907
I guess rats too. Started out as one hairless rat for my wife, our first pet as a married couple... Then another rat... Then another... Then started breeding pet quality rats. Got a litter of 9.2 born on the 23rd of December that will be ready soon. Thier eyes are open and they are getting more mobile by the day! They are everywhere!

Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #15
sagespyder@yahoo.com
we've lost so many in the move from one house to another then out here from cali we are done to about 50.

i use em more than just shots since i don't drink liqour while he is out to sea.

that is sort of how i got started breeding on my own. i bought a bearded dragon for my hubby while he was out to sea and after he grew up a lady gave me a female and here i am today. before now i worked in cali at a pet store breeding there.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #16
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
You guys that collect dragons and other mystical critters, are you into Windstones? I forgot to add that to my list, have about 20 of those. Started with just one, then I got a little obsessive. Doesn't help that she keeps coming out with these amazing new paint jobs and sculpts.

I've never heard of them before you mentioned it, I'll definitely have to check them out!

Old 01-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #17
timebider
1. Piano. My mom was (briefly) a concert pianist and I started lessons at age three. Now I play classical piano for fun.

2. Horses. Been riding and training all of my life - had two working student positions when I was younger. Started in hunter/jumper and moved to combined training fifteen years ago. Now it's only for fun, mainly fox chasing. I just like to ride fast over the countryside.

3. Art. I used to do tee-shirt designs and magazine illustrations, but now I just draw and paint for fun.

4. Reading. I'll read pretty much anything. I never get enough sleep because I'm always up late finishing a book. Some of my fave authors: Ian McEwen, Joyce Carol Oates, Edwidge Danticat, J.M. Coetzee, Andrea Barrett.

5. Backpacking. I love it. Before kids (and before my husband lost the remainder of his sight), we spent almost every weekend in Shenandoah Nat'l Park, hiking and doing trail maintenance. Finally, the kids are almost old enough to start getting back into it. Woo-hoo!

6. I wouldn't really consider animals in general a hobby but a lot of people would. I have two cats and three dogs in addition to the snakes and the rodents I breed to feed them. I used to have tarantulas, scorpions, chameleons, monitors, and uromastyx; if time (and space) allowed, I'd have the lizards again, but I can't have tarantulas nor scorpions where we live now.

7. Volunteering and travelling ("voluntouring"). I like to see other places, but I also like to be of use (and off the beaten tourist track) while I'm there.

(Crap, looking at this list, no wonder I never get anything done! )

Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #18
BayBredBeardies
My main one is showing my dogs in conformation and agility. It takes up so much (ok most of...) my time and money. Training dogs is a huge passion of mine... I see it as an art.

I have been breeding show quality mice a bit too. They are much larger (My main stud buck is 11" head to tail) and more robust than the average feeder mouse. Also way more attractive!

I've recently started getting interested in sewing. I would love to be able to know I can rely on myself to mend things and even make store bought items.

Photography is also something I adore. I have been researching my butt off trying to find a dslr that would be right for me.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #19
Matt2979
I love building furniture and cabinets, and I've gotten into rebuilding and modifying some old antiques. I enjoy learning to play guitar as a way to relax. Probably what takes my most time and money (other than my reptile collection) is racing R/C buggies and truggies.

Here are a couple of pics of my handiwork, and one of my many racing buggies.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
charleshanklin
If I'm not in the snake room I'm either fishing, hunting, shooting or at one of the gyms I train at. Sometimes idk what the hell is going on with the outside world because I'm so busy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!