Reward Part Deux - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 03:09 PM   #71
Cat_72
Rich, I understand what you're saying completely.....but I can't help but think that it's a whole different story if you "request" a thread from a buyer after a transaction is complete (which I don't think is necessarily right either, but I guess more understandable if has been a great and wonderful transaction) as opposed to bribing people with free snakes that you want to get rid of anyway just to get a good guy post.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #72
Dennis1
Inticement

Old 11-05-2005, 03:46 PM   #73
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Rich, I understand what you're saying completely.....but I can't help but think that it's a whole different story if you "request" a thread from a buyer after a transaction is complete (which I don't think is necessarily right either, but I guess more understandable if has been a great and wonderful transaction) as opposed to bribing people with free snakes that you want to get rid of anyway just to get a good guy post.

Absolutely NO ONE has to comply with that request. However if it pleases the person enough who receives the animal(s) in trade for complying with that request, then perhaps there are no injured parties in this incident. Depends on the value received by both parties, I guess. Heck, if someone offered me $1,000 to put in a good guy post for him, I guess I would have to consider anyone GIVING me $1,000 as a good guy... And if it is worth it to him to PAY $1,000 to get a good guy post, who am I to argue?

So heck, I will state it here: ANYONE GIVING ME $1,000 WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE A GOOD GUY IN MY BOOK!

Old 11-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #74
Dennis1
will you take payments...lol

Old 11-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #75
Matt Haines
Pathetic is the only word that comes to mind....

Old 11-05-2005, 06:23 PM   #76
kiote9
Isn't this the same thing as a politician buying votes?

The blatant buying of votes was outlawed was it not?

This is where campaigning comes in...convincing the people that you are sincere and have their best interests at heart.

All one needs to do to get a good guy thread is to BE a good guy and to make good deals with the people, whether buying or selling. Hopefully someday someone cares to start a good guy thread on me WHEN I DESERVE ONE.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #77
dragonflyreptiles
Ok before this gets nasty or since it already has and where are we can I speak my mind, let me look.....

Ok I can if it is well worded so here is the best I have:

If there is a thread on the BOI that says:

So and So sent me this and it was as expected and in a timely manner.

It that a good guy post, NO, its a GOOD transaction post.

Now here is the thing, if someone post so and so went way above and beyond and treated me like a queen and they are amazing, then 1, 3, 5,7, 100 other people come in and Say no, they did this and that to me, does that make that post a GOOD GUY POST, NO.

And if Someone comes in and says so and so is BAD they did this to me and 1, 3, 5 , 7 100 other people come in to day hey you jumped the gun they are good people, etc. Does that make it a BAD GUY POST, NO

So get with reality, a GOOD delivery of an intended deal and a GOOD GUY OVERALL are two different things, as soon as all here can realize that the better off we will all be.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #78
Dennis1
I just want to apologize for starting another controversial post
I sincerely meant no harm by asking for someone to post a good guy post on me after they were satisfied

Old 11-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #79
dragonflyreptiles
Dennis, I think its more that some people think bad of your values and that equates them to thinking bad of you as a seller and shipper of a supposed animal.

Ive known a lot of not so nice to complete (can't say the word) that had great animals and great service.

To me a deal is a deal , if it is sent well, shipped well, received well, that is an aspect of the persons ability to do the task they were asked to do with the animal for sale, not what they think about other things in life.

If I spent all my money on what people thought and had the time to find out what they think Id probably have a ton of money and very little animals.

Granted I have bought from a very few with my cash being very limited but I DID NOT ask them what they thought about my race (a white mixed mutt), other races, gays, hispanics etc.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #80
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haines
Pathetic is the only word that comes to mind....
agreed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread