The Fauna 'Quote of the Day' thread - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 PM   #61
christopher66
"Those who would give up liberty for safety,deserve neither liberty or safety".
Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-30-2006, 07:18 AM   #62
Seamus Haley
"By applying my natural God-given talents in their proper sphere, I shall attain the pinnacle of success! I’ll be the lover of the fat woman in Barnum and Bailey’s circus!"

-Jamie Tyrone
A Long Day's Journey Into Night
Eugene O'Neill

Old 12-31-2006, 02:55 AM   #63
garweft
I just bought a (insert animal here). How do I take care of it? How do I breed it. Does it lay eggs or give live birth? If eggs how do I hatch them?

Old 12-31-2006, 04:35 AM   #64
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft
I just bought a (insert animal here). How do I take care of it? How do I breed it. Does it lay eggs or give live birth? If eggs how do I hatch them?

I think that quote belongs in another thread, the most heard quote.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #65
Dragondad
Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.

Ambrose Bierce

Old 12-31-2006, 08:53 AM   #66
SoulSmilen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.

Ambrose Bierce
That plays into my signature... I think.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:50 AM   #67
Dragondad
I turned that feature off....thinking that is.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 AM   #68
SoulSmilen
In a tribute to the several posts (more than usual) being interpreted differently than intended in the last couple of days...

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for." ~ John Lubbock

"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

All honor's wounds are self-inflicted. ~ Andrew Carnegie

"In the strange heat all litigation brings to bear on things, the very process of litigation fosters the most profound misunderstandings in the world." ~ Renata Adler

And last, but certainly not least....

“Three quarters of the miseries and misunderstandings in the world would finish if people were to put on the shoes of their adversaries and understood their points of view.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Ok, so these weren't found on Fauna, but boy do they fit so many of us at least some of the time.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #69
Chameleon Company
Here's one I always liked, which applies to many arenas besides Britain:
Quote:
Only in Britain could it be thought to be "too clever by half". The probability is that too many people are too stupid by three-quarters. John Major, British PM
Denise, I have to admit that the one about "litigation" (and the BOI) is so true. In litigation, it tends to make the lawyers so much more financially wealthy. In the BOI, it tends to make the posters so much more intellectually bankrupt.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:55 AM   #70
SoulSmilen
Indeed; and it pertains to many of us who won't always admit it at the time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!