Weather - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #51
Cat_72
Ditto here. It's slowed down now, but I suppose we got a few more inches of the white crap. I KNOW the car ain't making it out of the driveway.....hopefully the tractor will start to clean it out.

The boys are out playing on the snowmobiles, I guess at least someone can enjoy the stuff.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #52
Stardust
Ok, I did speak with Mother Nature. It seems her sons made ANOTHER pact. You know mr snow mizer and mr heat mizer? Well that is why we had such good holidays and are getting the snow now. She is adamant she will not interfer this time
I only hope this doesn't mean we will have a cold spring as well
We are getting SO much snow here!

Old 01-30-2007, 08:41 AM   #53
Cat_72
Well, we don't have TOO much snow....but the current temp is -4, with a wind chill of about -30.

ACK. I want spring now.

Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #54
Stardust
I woke up to sun this morning and now it is snowing like crazy again
We do not have it as cold as you do but cold enough lol.
How is the car doing?

Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #55
ms_terese
Well ain't this some .... poop!

How often does it get cold and rainy in SCOTTSDALE? I figured since they had the freak snow a few weeks ago that their weird weather was out of the way, but when I got here today it was raining and below 60 degrees. So much for golf!

Old 01-31-2007, 12:29 AM   #56
Stardust
Bummer Terese. Hopefully you are staying there long enough for the weather to adjust itself.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:22 AM   #57
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
I woke up to sun this morning and now it is snowing like crazy again
We do not have it as cold as you do but cold enough lol.
How is the car doing?
Well, so far so good...it started a bit slow tonight, though.....not trusting the truck to go anywhere until I get a new thermostat however.

It's supposed to get even colder for the weekend. So much for that ski trip, I'm hibernating.

How much snow have you gotten?

Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #58
Dragondad
Ok this is the official notice that I am putting down the snow shovel and will not work again until I get benefits....

Yesterday morning it was -9 here at the house, the last storm that started late Friday proceeded to shut the Grand Rapids area down. Police telling people not to leave their houses. And the worst sign of the storm, the malls closed early 2 of 3 closed at 4 and the other at 5pm. This is after over half the stores closed even earlier. I dont think a church service was held within 20 miles of my house all the churchs cancelled Sunday services. No school on Monday or Tuesday.

Last night there was another 3 inches of snow, all the slush and junk that was churned up yesterday is frozen solid due to 2 degree temps. Wind chill is -15.

I know some of you are worse than I am, my only question is this. I know we have screwed up the weather with our constant dumping of junk in the air and ground, yet where is the warming part of this effect?

Old 02-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #59
Cat_72
Eeesch, I've been thinking the same thing, Michael.

Our HIGH temps have been below zero for the last several days, with actual low temps hitting around 17 below zero, wind chills around 35 below zero......and now we're getting a bunch more snow. The school just called to tell me that my son's bus was going to be about half an hour late because it went in the ditch (mind you, we're the second stop on the route). He was already staying home sick (he's got the same awful bronchial nasty flu stuff I've had) but I don't think he'd be going anyway, if the bus can't even make it to the second stop without going in the freaking ditch.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #60
Dragondad
This is a pic of my back yard, I am standing in the door looking out my back deck. I love the snow in the trees creates a very picturesque scene, yet to get snow in the trees I know there must be a "large" amount on the ground and boy is there a lot on the ground.

[IMG]

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!