??? housing hatchling geckos??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Leopard Geckos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
ASH GECKOS
??? housing hatchling geckos???

I am expecting some baby geckos soon and I was wondering the best and most cost efficient way to house baby geckos? I really don't want to buy a custum cage, I would prefer to build my own. I want them to have sufficent room and proper heating. I am very excited about this and I would love as much input as possible. I guess I am just looking for any ideas that would work. Thank you.

I also would like to know how to use heat tape properly and what material I can use it with; such as pvc, wood etc? Thank you again.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
drizzt08
hey man just email me
mitchelsexotics@gmail.com

Old 03-17-2009, 02:17 AM   #3
Slipmattic
Leos are pretty easy IMO. I would build a rack out of melamine, and heat tape. just keep in mind melamine is NOT fire proof, but fire resistant. You can build a pretty simple, and small rack if your keeping them for a short period of time. If your keeping them to breed i would plan on building a properly sized rack. Just look on Forums and stuff im sure theres actual plans of racks. Read read read its the best thing to do. Good luck with your new little ones.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipmattic View Post
Leos are pretty easy IMO. I would build a rack out of melamine, and heat tape. just keep in mind melamine is NOT fire proof, but fire resistant. You can build a pretty simple, and small rack if your keeping them for a short period of time. If your keeping them to breed i would plan on building a properly sized rack. Just look on Forums and stuff im sure theres actual plans of racks. Read read read its the best thing to do. Good luck with your new little ones.
ROFL, maybe fire resistant, but I built a couple racks out of melamine (expanded pvc is ex pen sive) I used the scraps to heat the house (in a wood stove). That crap burns hotter than just about anything I've ever
stuck in there. HOT.

(Transplanted Big Bear native)

Old 03-17-2009, 03:25 AM   #5
Slipmattic
That is why i said resistant, many people use it with ease. But i have also heard horror stories also, like everything else in this world. Just trying to help give ideas was all....

Old 03-17-2009, 03:33 AM   #6
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipmattic View Post
That is why i said resistant, many people use it with ease. But i have also heard horror stories also, like everything else in this world. Just trying to help give ideas was all....
Oh, yeah, no kidding, I was just trying to help explain with what energy melamine does burn with when it does. A LOT.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread