Tell Us About Your Kings - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-22-2004, 03:43 PM   #21
AcesKings
Very Nice! I'd love to see them all grown up too! Give me something to shoot for!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:42 AM   #22
Mattcbiker
Hello All!!!

Hello Sasheena and others,

My name is Matt and I am new to this forum - I'd like to say hello!!! I spend a good amount of time at Kingsnake, but for some reason I just now discovered this site!! This forum layout is MUCH better and kingsnake is far overdue for a revision!! I recognize some of your names and I'm sure most of you have seen pics of my King over at Kingsnake. IF not, check her out, I'll get her uploaded to this site sooner or later!

I've been keeping snakes for about seven years, started with a pair of checkered garters and I now have had my E. King for about 5 years now. I got her as a small yearling holdover in the spring of '99 but she has blossomed into an amazing pet. She's about 4 feet, and has grown quite a bit in the last year now that I have her on a larger diet. She's a very heavy snake, but not at all fat. She's been growing A LOT over the last 9 months since I have stepped her diet up to 2 rats a week. I am surprised since she's 6yrs old.

Her name is Queeny - yes that's right, we have the same name but she's had it since '99!!! She's really a wonderful snake, LOTS of personality. She is usually puppy dog tame - you can stroke her head and pinch her fat chin if you want and she has no problem with it. However, if you disrespect her, she will let you know!! Sometimes it is fun to mess with her (just a little ). As a pet, she's had literally thousands of hours of handling. She's usually taken out once or twice each day for a while.

I hope to breed her this spring if I can find a good male. I am considering breeding her with a hypo florida male, as I consider the babies of that mix absolutely gorgeous. However, I'm holding out for a true Eastern if possible!! Look forward to hanging around more and meeting both you and your snakes.

Peace!!

Old 01-03-2005, 07:30 AM   #23
Sasheena
Matt, welcome to fauna! It's nice to have you here. I very much enjoyed your accounts of your Queeny. And you are correct, my Queenie is younger.

If you have any questions about kingsnakes, or just want to share loads of pictures this is a great place. I check the kingsnake.com website once every three or four days, but this site I check much more frequently. It's just more fun here.

When you want to post pictures of your Queeny (and her anticipated mate) I would suggest posting them in the photo gallery. The photo gallery gives the code necessary to refer to the photograph in any post without going to the hassle of having to re-upload the photo every time you need to refer to it.

Old 07-07-2005, 08:10 PM   #24
pepino
CALIFORNIA MOUNTAIN KINGSNAKE.......SIERRA ZONATA MULTICINTA........
nice one.... only one...bad snake i love it.....about two feet long....email for pix...........pinoscumbag@wmconnect.com

Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 AM   #25
BigRick62
Hello everyone. I have just begun what I hope to be a life long hobby of collecting and breeding all types of snakes. At the moment I only have one five year old male ball python, who I might add is absolutely gorgeous, and a three month old Kingsnake. My king has been named General Lee; however, i'm not completely sure that he's a male. If I find that it's a female, her name will be Dixie Bell. I am a southern gentleman to the core if you did not notice from the snake names. I have been told that my king is unique in his color and design, so I don't really know how to describe him. He's a California Banded Albino, but I haven't been able to find any pictures anywhere of another snake like him. Some of his bands are white and some yellow. The rest of his body is a pinkish-reddish color. He is a little over twenty inches long, and tame as can be. He has only struck at me once since I have owned him and that was because I had just handled my ball and smelled like food. I hope to have a mate for both of my snakes by January. The only reason I don't already is because of how freakin expensive those dang cages are. I love discussing and learning about my snakes and other snakes in general since no one else in my family is really interested in the subject, so if anyone would like to teach me anything about kings or other snakes, or just tell stories of their snakes, I would love to hear from you. Email me anytime at psg2d@mtsu.edu. Hopefully, I'll be talking to some of ya'll more in the future.

Rick George

Old 07-11-2005, 09:10 AM   #26
Sasheena
Welcome! Your snakes sound beautiful

To combat the high cost of cages, I just recently went out and spent $100 on ten cages for my snakes. They are actually storage boxes, and it took me about 90 minutes to sit there and use a soldering iron to poke airholes into the containers. But in the end I had ten beautiful new snake cages.

This is a great little community, it's small but it's very nice here. I haven't been posting much.... it's been the busiest summer for me in over four years. (well okay, four years ago when I got married and moved across the country, that was busier). In two weeks I have 1 cornsnake and 5 kingsnake clutches due, you'll see plenty of me then!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!