Looking for feedback on the Poughkeepsie show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
hhmoore
Looking for feedback on the Poughkeepsie show

Last minute change of plans - I was unable to attend.
I'm looking for feedback from both customers and vendors...How was the show?
Attendance? Sales?

I'm interested in vending in September, so I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
tomb9712
Well I can tell you the attendance was very good. There will be pictures posted from the show that should give an idea of how many people came through. A very steady stream of people. My estimated guess is over 1500 people attended the show. I can speak for Azo Reptiles and Simple Animal Tracker and both of them did very well, and both will be at the September show.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
hhmoore
Thanks, Tom.
Kind of surprised that nobody else - whether vendor or attendee - has any feedback.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
JessAZOreptiles
These types of threads are not viewable on the main screen so unless someone is actively looking to post in here I don't think many will. But if you go to www.herpnerds.com and go to the guestbook you will see all the positive things vendors and attendees had to say about the show. Also on their facebook page there are a lot of responses to how well the show went as well as pictures. I'm sure the September show is going to be amazing, most of the vendors that were there already renewed their tables for the next show.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
jarradw
Jarrad here from SimpleAnimalTracker and we did very well. In my opinion the turnout was great and I have already reserved a spot for September. The customers had good things to say as well when I was out walking around talking to people.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
th3jok3r
i purchased a spider female ball at a great price.. So Im happy. I wasnt as big as the white plains expo but i was not dissapointed, I wish more vendors would have showed up in my opinion. there was alot of people that came to the show. I will def attend the next show no doubt in my mind

Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
JessAZOreptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3jok3r View Post
i purchased a spider female ball at a great price.. So Im happy. I wasnt as big as the white plains expo but i was not dissapointed, I wish more vendors would have showed up in my opinion. there was alot of people that came to the show. I will def attend the next show no doubt in my mind
One thing to put into perspective is it was the first show unlike White Plains which is well established and has been around for a while now, so for the first show it was pretty damn good. As for vendors, due to it being the first show a lot of vendors were skeptical, but I think the next show will have more vendors based on the success of this show.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
th3jok3r
like i said i will be back again

Old 06-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #9
George J. Ward
Hope when you do the shows that you do not have the same product as everyone else. Some people have over choked the market with balls,beardeds,leo geckos,etc. Hope that when you do though, all goes well for you there. Good to hear that there is still some success out there for good vendors. I haven't done a show in a quick minute,too much time out in the field collecting introduced exotics here in S.Fla. We supply several of the big importer/exporters here.Let us know if we might have anything here intrest to you and we might be able to help when the shows come up.C.B. and wild caughts if needed. Good luck to all vendors in you upcoming event in Sept.Thanx GEO!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
hhmoore
Mr Ward - advertising is not allowed in the discussion areas. If you wish to talk about supplying animals for shows, please use the classifieds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!