800 GRAM FEMALE BALL PYTHON LAID 4 EGGS - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
Focal
Whoever bred that snake had a total disregard for the life and respect of that animal. I'm not sure why you are not upset and posting the breeders information in the BOI.

This does not change what we know about breeding size. Post a picture of that female. Even after two months of feeding, I doubt she will appear in a healthy condition. Post a picture and weight of that hatchling. I also doubt he is at an acceptable weight. Has he even tried eating?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Whoever bred that snake had a total disregard for the life and respect of that animal. I'm not sure why you are not upset and posting the breeders information in the BOI.

This does not change what we know about breeding size. Post a picture of that female. Even after two months of feeding, I doubt she will appear in a healthy condition. Post a picture and weight of that hatchling. I also doubt he is at an acceptable weight. Has he even tried eating?
even if I have a two or three gene animal that I REALLY need to breed, if she does not hit 1500 for me, she is waiting until next year. People who want to make money solely off them should either look elsewhere to make money or let someone else breed for them, split the clutches and enjoy their pets. In a sense it is no different than dog fighting.......hurting the animals for your profit.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
maggie22195
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler1984 View Post
I just recently addopted a very nice female ball python that supprised me with 4 small eggs. I had no clue she was prego! To top it off she was 800 grams after laying weighed 600 grams. Dosent that change a little about what we know to be BREEDING SIZE!

3 EGGS WENT BAD - 1 HATCHED a very nice lesser male

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THIS?

This does NOT change what we know about breeding size... you answered it just one line later! she laid 4 eggs and 3 went bad! That shows that the smaller the female, the less likely any eggs will survive and not to mention defects caused by lack of nutrition and the affect it will have on your breeding female.

So I'm not sure why you think that it would change what we know about breeding size when more than half the clutch died. yes it is possible to be gravid and produce eggs but it's not good for the eggs and its definitely not good for the mother.

Just like a 12 year old girl can have a kid (mother nature permitting) doesn't mean she should. I am glad your female is alive but don't even think about breeding a snake UNTIL she is AT LEAST 1000 grams... preferably 1200 or 1300...

IS there a way for you to post pics of the lesser she hatched and the mom? I want to see them both. Then we can tell you even more reasons to not breed so early. BTW, where did you get her from?

Old 12-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #14
maggie22195
The 1200 or 1300 grams is a MINIMUM for me. I will always wait until a female is 1400 or 1500 grams.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
Bumble Boy
If u guys read correctly, he said that he rescued the animal which means he did not breed her she was already bread when he got her. In return he was shocked that the female laid eggs thats all he was saying.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #16
maggie22195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Boy View Post
If u guys read correctly, he said that he rescued the animal which means he did not breed her she was already bread when he got her. In return he was shocked that the female laid eggs thats all he was saying.
yep, fully read everything he said. thats why I am not attacking him like some others. but the fact that he said that because she had the eggs maybe we should reevaluate breeding size is not very good.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #17
FosterHerpetological
Quote:
SORRY FOR THAT JUST GETTING SICK AND EFFIN TIRED OF DUM ACES TALKING SHIP
I don't talk "ship". Maybe I talk "boat", or "submarine". You decide.

I just think I say what others think. In all of your posts, you say HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? or QUESTION NEVER ASKED BEFORE.

People have been breeding for decades, it has happened before. You're not the first.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
snakesRkewl
Quote:
To those who dont like it tough SH*T remember me HUSSLER1984 when you see a post by me just look past it if you can! I bet you have to read it because you will wanna know what Ive come up with next! LOL
Remember you?
It won't be hard to ignore you, you are on the dnbfost list of many people already, including me

Now i'm off to read something of value...

Old 12-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #19
gotbit1985
Well I wont side one way or the other on you personally, but that was way to small to attempt breeding. I know you didnt breed her yourself so I am not trying to poke at you, just saying its too small. One question I have is if the eggs that didnt make it were fully developed and had problems incubating or if they came out small or infertile. Just curious thanks. And with the way some people are quick to judge maybe dont put so much of your dirty laundry here for them to judge you on.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Boy View Post
if you look at FOCAL's post it clearly states "at who ever bred" not naming anyone. With that said, the only thing I can say about him personally on this ad is he did not seem upset about the fact that SOMEONE bred so small of an animal. Obviously other here have had experiences with him, which I have not. I can or will not hold against anyone something I do not know for fact. Forum's are there for people who love something enough to spend their free time talking about it. If you post something on any forum about damaging it, people will get upset. When you first put a post up you should think about how people will take it and be ready for backlash. Such as you know my character was attacked on a post I put up on how I determine how much value I put on a trade. If its a misunderstanding, explain yourself. If your at fault.........being a man is not making mistakes, but by owning up to the ones they made.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!