Ball Python Skin Issues: Blisters, Red Marks, Green Spot... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #1
kjones11
Exclamation Ball Python Skin Issues: Blisters, Red Marks, Green Spot...

Hello!

The picture below shows a few things that have me worries about my snake's health.

My Ball Python is about 5 years old now. And ever since I got him from Petco, he has had numerous health issues I've had to battle with.

I have been aware of the blistering and red veiny-like markings on his skin for years, and have been draining the blisters sterally with tools from my work (I work at a hospital).

The vet has looked at him, ever since the issues started. I have only been instructed to drain the blisters as he showed, and make a few minor adjustments to his habitat in the early stages which he is now used to.

And NOW, I am worried because I have spotted a small patch of green scales that are only slightly tinted this color, but nevertheless it stands out... and with these previous issues I want to make sure this isn't something serious like early scale rot or something else? It seems unprobable but possible too?

His blisters are not heat related, neither the red marks. I have made those adjustments as stated above by the vet.

ALSO.. when I do drain these blisters, the consistency and color is basically water. Never has it had puss, yellowing, or anything of the like.. the only reason I'm not getting more testing done is because it costs, at least where I am, $2000 for a sample test. He has been living with this condition since I got him, so I hope folks understand me trying other alternatives to spare my savings.

If anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong, or how I could help the poor guy I would appreicate any suggestions or talk on the subject.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:40 PM   #2
bcr229
What substrate do you use? If newspaper could it be ink from the inserts/ads, or the Sunday comic section, that stained the scales?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball python, condition, reptile, scale, skin