Are you going to take the COVID vaccine? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

View Poll Results: Are you going to take the COVID vaccine?
Yes 16 53.33%
No 7 23.33%
Depends on what happens to early beta testers 4 13.33%
I don't know 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2021, 01:57 PM   #1
WebSlave
Question Are you going to take the COVID vaccine?

When it is offered to you, are you going to take the COVID vaccine? I'm curious to hear what people are thinking about this.

I wanted to keep the poll simple, but fill in any blanks with discussions in this thread, if so inclined.

Old 01-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #2
marker1
No. I had Covid in august and did not die or feel I was going to die. My Girlfriend had corvid and did not die. I am a prison nurse and while working at a prison during the lockdown over 900 inmates tested positive and only 4 required serious medical attention. of those 4 inmates 2 were diabetics and two were elderly. None of those 4 none died. When did have to be hospitalized for pneumonia and then returned back to the prison. This prison which I will not name has no A/C Rats and cockroaches everywhere horrible food (point is terrible living conditions). And 0 out of over 900 that tested positive died. Not including a heart attack that was completely not covid related and a renal failure death from a catheter related uti. Id love to give even more info but have to protect location and identities but you can look my name up on the Registered nurse florida registry

Old 01-01-2021, 02:27 PM   #3
marker1
I almost forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker1 View Post
No. I had Covid in august and did not die or feel I was going to die. My Girlfriend had corvid and did not die. I am a prison nurse and while working at a prison during the lockdown over 900 inmates tested positive and only 4 required serious medical attention. of those 4 inmates 2 were diabetics and two were elderly. None of those 4 none died. When did have to be hospitalized for pneumonia and then returned back to the prison. This prison which I will not name has no A/C Rats and cockroaches everywhere horrible food (point is terrible living conditions). And 0 out of over 900 that tested positive died. Not including a heart attack that was completely not covid related and a renal failure death from a catheter related uti. Id love to give even more info but have to protect location and identities but you can look my name up on the Registered nurse florida registry
Another nurse elderly multiple cardiac and endocrine problems caught it as well, was out of work for a month got hospitalized turned into pneumonia.........Hes back at work with the same shitty attitude he had before it all

Old 01-01-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Of course I am.

The fact that we live in a supposedly developed country where a significant percentage of the population thinks their gut feeling, or three anecdotes, or some thing that happened to their great aunt, or some crap they heard at the bar overrides established scientific knowledge scares the S^(&* out of me. The average person now doesn't seem to understand statistical risk any more now than people did during the 20th century flu pandemic, the 19th century cholera outbreak, or the 14th century Black Death.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:18 PM   #5
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
Of course I am.

The fact that we live in a supposedly developed country where a significant percentage of the population thinks their gut feeling, or three anecdotes, or some thing that happened to their great aunt, or some crap they heard at the bar overrides established scientific knowledge scares the S^(&* out of me. The average person now doesn't seem to understand statistical risk any more now than people did during the 20th century flu pandemic, the 19th century cholera outbreak, or the 14th century Black Death.
You make a good point. I was leaning towards no at first. I'm not an anti-vaxer by any means. If I had kids I'd get them all the required shots because I believe in them and I believe the proven positives far outweigh the potential negatives (I'm not talking about the tinfoil hat theories either, I'm talking a bout real potential negatives) I voted I don't know because I honestly don't know but as of now I'm leaning toward most likely yes.

Covid isn't going away anytime soon and without the vaccine it will last even longer and the longer it lasts the longer the restrictions will last. Its not just about is this a survivable illness, for the vast majority of people it is and for them as individuals the vaccine may seem pointless. People look at how they personally may be affected and don't think its worth it because they feel they may just get a little sick for a little while. What they don't realize is that if they do get get sick and are counted as a statistic it will only increase the likelihood of restrictions lasting longer by adding to the numbers. Get the vaccine, don't get sick, don't add to the numbers.

Obviously if something comes out that it isn't effective or worse it can be dangerous that's a different story but right now I view the "I'm not getting it" attitude as somewhat selfish.

Its kind of like the masks. They are a bit of a PITA but for the most part wearing one is not that big of a deal. For the majority of those who won't wear one its simply because they refuse to be told what to do. If a tiny bit of inconvenience to you makes others feel safer and might help the problem to them I say grow up. Its not always about you.

To me a better question, and one that should have been asked from the start is if you do show symptoms would you go get tested if it wasn't required of you or would you just wait it out at home taking the suggested precautions.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:33 PM   #6
bcr229
I wasn't planning on it any time soon though I likely will eventually. I rarely mingle with others, I am now working from home most of the time, and I'm not considered at high risk of having a bad outcome even if I do get it.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:03 PM   #7
JColt
Working at a police/ jail it will probably be mandatory but since I had open heart surgery with lung collapse and wife has asthma it is probably smart thing to do.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:25 PM   #8
Randall Turner
I will eventually, since I have lung problems and a malformed heart valve. My wife is a nurse and works occasionally with infected patients. She got the vaccine in the first wave. She had no adverse reactions, same sort of things as with the flu vaccine.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:45 PM   #9
marker1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Working at a police/ jail it will probably be mandatory but since I had open heart surgery with lung collapse and wife has asthma it is probably smart thing to do.
In fl prisons dont even make us get the flu shot so might have a choice.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:11 AM   #10
Lucille
I am pissed at the stories of incompetent distribution, with doses going bad because they could not be given timely.
Originally I was going to wait and see. But the more I do see, the more persuaded I am that it would be a good idea to get the vax. I am at very high risk of death should I get Covid.
And while I understand, no, make that I treasure, thoughtfully made decisions by individuals relating to health mandates who understand the disease and who are careful to maintain behaviors that protect others, I'll be damned if I let some yahoo who is simply lazy or uninformed end my life by infecting me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!