please help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 06-06-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
Lucille
please help

I found a frog a few minutes ago in the middle of the road in the Texas sun, it is not very responsive. It is in my tub with a couple inches of water on one side. It is beathing but has unequal pupils, what can I do to help it?

Old 06-06-2004, 08:49 PM   #2
Sybella
Egads! The unequal pupils doesn't sound like a good sign, Lucille. I am not an amphibian person but I think the best thing is to cool it off and keep it moist, like you are doing already. Hopefully someone else will come along with some other ideas. Poor froggie!

Old 06-07-2004, 05:52 AM   #3
Lucille
Syb, this morning he looks a LOT better and is lively and responsive and tried to jump out of the tub. He's a fine frog (looks like a leopard frog) but big, his body is at least 6" so I don't have the space or inclination to keep him; I am going to have my son take him to a pond and release him.

Old 06-07-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
Lucille
A happy ending: Sir frog is going to live in the lap of frog luxury, no more fears of overheating or cars possibly squishing him! I took him to the park people at my local park, asking them to release him into the bayou; they made a few calls and told me that the discovery center at the park one city over would love to have him; they would keep him and the other park is sending someone to pick him up there later today!!!!

Old 06-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #5
Sybella
That's wonderful!!! *hugs* I'm so happy for you and the froggie!!

Old 07-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #6
Devious_bunny
Thumbs up

Awww, thats such a cute story! Good for you for rescuing him!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!