For Sale Last of '08 Asian Black mountain Tortoises (M.e. phayrei) $350 ea - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
pnwturtleworks
Last of '08 Asian Black mountain Tortoises (M.e. phayrei) $350 ea

$350 plus shipping from Seattle. These are eating and growing really well. These Tortoises are adaptable to cooler northern climates. And still in need of conservation. They are a great alternative to sulcatas for those of us who don't live in the hot desert. They are eating easy to acquire foods. Their price includes a container of "Miner-all". These are temp sexed females. We have temp sexed '09 males. Discount for pairs.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
RCivil
I am very interested in these tortoises. I have a yearling temp sexed female and I need a male to go along with her. I am in the Portland Oregon area so my climate is similar to your. Do you keep them outside in the winter? What ratio of female to male is ideal?
Thanks
Richard Civil
rcivil@comcast.net.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:30 AM   #3
pnwturtleworks
Thank you Richard. Yes we keep them outside year round but we do make sure they don't freeze. Some are left where they have chosen if it's safe, then we add layers of leaves, card board, and tarp over the top (or pond liner) for additional protection. Others are moved to a mini-building with a pig blanket. These tortoises are much better suited to our northern cold winters than the desert type tortoises being widely sold in the U.S, today. They certainly cost less on maintenance. And we are pleased that promoting this tortoise also helps to conserve it cosiderring it's status in it's native range being so sketchy.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-09-2009, 05:36 AM   #4
pnwturtleworks
Thanks to Richard for a) driving to Seattle from Portland to visit, b) buying one of these amazingly adaptable tortoises and c) keeping in touch about her excellent progress!
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread