Anybody no anything about Whiptail egg Care??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Fonzi1289
Anybody no anything about Whiptail egg Care???

So i did some research and cant find much.. So i come to the experts on this site.

So anyways i live in SoCal area.. My brother and his uncle caught a whiptail about a week ago. He brings her over to my house yesterday and we wake up to the lizard laying under her hide with her head sticking out and her panting tiredly. I lift up her hide to find her on top of 3 eggs. honestly i am not sure if they r fertile and what not. And i did not want to touch or disturb them and her without further info. Any suggestions on what i should do?

Pics..

Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
radera5
I would think you could find incubation info for WT's, and try to bate 'em. You are already at this point, why not try and hatch them out. Being that it is WC they could be infertile. I am sure you could candle them as well? I am not 100% about WT's though. I would look up/google as much info about incubating the eggs themselves and go from there.
Good Luck!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
radera5
Okay so I just re-read the thread. I didn't put it together that you ARE looking for info about incubating the eggs on here. Sorry

Old 08-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Fonzi1289
Haha its ok.. Yeah i did check on incubation but couldnt find much about em. And i will candle them soon.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
radera5
I would ASSume that incubation temps would/could be around what your socal climate is at this time of year?.....I would guess moist hatchrite (or whatever you use) Put them in a little deli cup or container with a little air hole.

I would say to only do this until you get more accurate info. The eggs will probably dent and dry out a bit without ANY moisture....I would think?

I usually don't ASSume things because I just make an ........outta myself, but we will see

Old 08-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #6
Fonzi1289
HAha.. well Temps around here r pretty high.. around the 95-105 mark.. But i understand.

Thanks Amanda

Old 08-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
radera5
If you have luck with them I would love pictures!!
Good luck again!! Hopefully someone who knows will chime in.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!