New server problem? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
The BoidSmith
New server problem?

Rich,

Yesterday I posted a poll in the General Business Discussions. This mornig got the usual message:

Quote:
Mooing Tricycle has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Dealer, rescue or both? - in the General Business Discussions forum of FaunaClassifieds.

This thread is located at:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...1&goto=newpost

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
FaunaClassifieds team
When I click on the link I get redirected to this thread instead:

Rich,

Yesterday I posted a poll in the General Business Discussions. This mornig got the usual message:

Quote:
Mooing Tricycle has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Dealer, rescue or both? - in the General Business Discussions forum of FaunaClassifieds.

This thread is located at:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...1&goto=newpost

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Yours,
FaunaClassifieds team
When I click on the link I get redirected to this thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...741#post573741

"illness markers in Corucia"

I can't find the other thread.

Regards.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
The BoidSmith
Sorry for the duplication above.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
hhmoore
That's interesting....when I got the notification for your thread, and tried to access it, I got the message that it was an invalid thread. In the notice Rich posted about the server switch, he made this comment:
Quote:
OK, the move is complete. Looks like we may have dropped a couple of posts made after the database was captured and before I could actually close the site. Sorry about that, but the server guy was anxious to get started, I guess.
I figured that was what happened to yours. Upon seeing this, I went back and tried to access the thread via the link, and was directed to the same thread you addressed above.
I did forward the text of your original thread via Fauna's email, so you can just copy/paste it into a new one. (sorry, Moo, I didn't get a notification of your response, so you'll have to wing it )

Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE SCREENSHOTTED IT!

i posted that SECONDS before rich made the move. Litereally i posted, and went to go to new posts and the message saying the site was down came up. * lol i was the last post on the old servers! Aww!*

And dangit... that was a long post too...

Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
WebSlave
Sorry.......... The game plan was that I would lock the site THEN the tech would capture the database. He just jumped the gun by a few minutes. By then it was getting late and I had already had a long day............ So rather than have him do the database capture all over again, I just let him run with it.

Again sorry..........

Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Sorry.......... The game plan was that I would lock the site THEN the tech would capture the database. He just jumped the gun by a few minutes. By then it was getting late and I had already had a long day............ So rather than have him do the database capture all over again, I just let him run with it.

Again sorry..........

its all your fault rich!

no big deal, i think that was the only thread to have been deleted anyway.( us night owl addicts... never enough!) No worries there rich! you done good!

ill rewrite my response to dans question, just REPOST it dan!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Alicia,

Now I'm curious about your reply! I'll post it some time later again.

Regards.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:36 AM   #8
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

i posted that SECONDS before rich made the move. Litereally i posted, and went to go to new posts and the message saying the site was down came up. * lol i was the last post on the old servers! Aww!*

I posted my answer on that thread a minute or two after you did....and my answer was a long one too, lol.

Now I gotta try to re-explain it and see if I can make it make sense again if Dan reposts it. Pfhtht.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

Let me know where that post is located and I can cut and paste it for you. I still have access to the site on the old server.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Let me know where that post is located and I can cut and paste it for you. I still have access to the site on the old server.

Its alright rich, i appreciate the Thought, but i really just reposted it.. in sort of the same words that i used in the first one. ( if you want to find it anyway, for faunas sake in keeping the information up to par/not deleted, you can) But otherwise, i just rewrote it. Thanks Though!! - Alicia

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!