hi new member thought i post some pics of my basalik lizard and habitat - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
WckedMidas
I started out with 3 jag cichlids aka managuense. @ salvini cichlids. and 2 peacock bass. The original peacocks got killed by the jags. One jag got ate by me for doing this. one was given to my girl for her tank. and the third jag is in a 75 gal by himself for time bein. The catfish is a jurense catfish. Should max out between 24 and 36 inches. Habitat is 6 and a half foot long. 7 foot tall. 24 inches front to back. If you notice in the first pic. One with no water decor fish exc. The bottom has a deep side and a shallow side. The figures i came up with are approx 125 to 145 gallons in the bottom. Im running 2 ehiem pro II canister filters and a jebao canister (ehiem knockoff) like it just as well as the ehiems. and i have two power heads with sponges for my filtration. Im moving approx 12 to 1400 gph in the filtration. for lighting it has 3 light sockets in the hood for floodlights heatlamps exc. and i have a two tube florescent light on top also, I do work for banks morgage companys. Cleanouts evictions takeing care of properties exc. I had a realtor who needed a clean out done and wanted me to deliver the cage to someone 100 miles away. Told him no way cant promise it wont get broke. So he was upset he said how much u give me . I said nothing i be nice. I will remove it for free. So i did . Once i got it home. I couldnt just keep fish in it. And a snake would have ate the fish. So i gave the choice to my son. either green or brown basalik or a waterdragon. he chose the brown basalik. Lizard dont like being touched held more a show peice. Wich isnt what i wanted. But hey the lizard makes the cage. Eventually i want a second lizard in there. Thinking green female basalik. any other questions just ask.

Sorry for my grammar

Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
WckedMidas
took these pics bout half hour ago.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
WckedMidas

Old 08-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
stolenheron
awesome stuff. i wish i had a setup like that for my female brown basilisk. she deserves a mansion after cranking out all the eggs she laid!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #15
WckedMidas
thanks for the compliments

Old 08-02-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
snowgyre
That cage is amazing! I probably wouldn't have chosen a basilisk but I can't deny that you've got a beautiful setup there. I probably would've gotten hoards of anoles and arboreal geckos to live in that space, lol. You could probably still throw a few green anoles in there just for some additional movement in the branches. I don't think the basilisk could catch them easily.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #17
stolenheron
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
That cage is amazing! I probably wouldn't have chosen a basilisk but I can't deny that you've got a beautiful setup there. I probably would've gotten hoards of anoles and arboreal geckos to live in that space, lol. You could probably still throw a few green anoles in there just for some additional movement in the branches. I don't think the basilisk could catch them easily.
the basilisks (brown, basiliscus vitattus) like his which I catch locally will chomp down on brown anoles (anolis sagrei). we dont have many greens around anymore, but i'm sure if he got hungry enough he would go for a juvi or a smaller female. even if he does it eat, they are easy to come by and the basilisk would get some good nutrients besides its normal diet of small fish, crustaceans, and crickets!

Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #18
WckedMidas
i Actualy have a pair of cuban anoles in a exo cage. They keep laying me eggs one a week. But i havent goten any vermaculite yet to try hatching them. Didnt go with the geckos due to fact everyone said they couldnt swim to good. And didnt want them to drown. same with chamelions.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #19
stolenheron
personally, i'd just purchase some female basilisks and let him have a harem like he would in the wild. I have one (i'd sell her for like $10 since she is WC and is beat up pretty good from being wild) but i dont ship . a male + a few females would make a really balanced and neat setup.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #20
WckedMidas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
personally, i'd just purchase some female basilisks and let him have a harem like he would in the wild. I have one (i'd sell her for like $10 since she is WC and is beat up pretty good from being wild) but i dont ship . a male + a few females would make a really balanced and neat setup.
If u decide you would try shiping your female ide be intrested in takeing it off your hands.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!