HELP!!!! KIETH HOEGLER !!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
barbie
HELP!!!! KIETH HOEGLER !!!

Ok I just received an email from Kieth Hoegler who me I have done business with. It says he is stranded in Ukraine after being robed! If this true it's tragic and he needs help! But on the other side it could be a hacker/scammer! Any ideas? Has anyone heard anything?

Old 02-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
Fangthane
It's a scam. Others have reported getting the very same email, yet it's Tom Crutchfield who's been mugged and left stranded in the Ukraine.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=520873

Old 02-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #3
barbie
Awesome thank you! thought so but wanted to check thanks

Old 02-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
Same here. I sent an email to Keith to let him know.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2015, 11:33 AM   #5
barbie
Ok, awesome! Same email and i also messaged him scores are lame glad we have fauna to come to for info

Old 02-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
barbie
Sorry scores means scammers!

Old 02-26-2015, 11:50 AM   #7
morph evolution
I got one for tom crunchfield just recently as well

Old 02-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #8
j_dunlavy
A fairly typical scam.
First thing to ask with these type of alarmist emails is "why would this person contact me?" Most people who get into trouble overseas would contact family, not friends or clients.
A call to their land-line (or cell) usually clears things up pretty fast.

A couple years ago, I had a similar email from a friend of my parents' saying they were stranded in Spain.
At the time, that friend was being treated for a serious illness and was most definitely not out traveling.
If they had been traveling, they would have people much closer to them that would have been contacted instead of their friend's, son whom they met a handful of times.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #9
Lucille
Might be fun to play along with them.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #10
barbie
I'll do it, I'll get back with you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!