A few questions regarding buying snakes. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:57 AM   #1
Synchronixe
A few questions regarding buying snakes.

Thinking of buying a 2015 .1 Jungle Jag carpet python and I'm newer to the hobby. Just wondering some good questions to ask seller to make sure I don't get screwed over.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:47 AM   #2
Robert Walker
Here are a couple...

1st: Most important, run a Board of Inquiry (link here) search on the seller before you waste your time asking them a bunch of questions.

Once they have successfully passed that stage then...

2. What is it eating, "live" or "frozen/thawed". Depending on your ability to get rodents this will matter. Frozen/thawed are typically easier to get, so if a snake is only a "live" eater, you need to consider that fact.
3. Temperament?
4. Their shipping policies, warranty?
5. How do they take payment?
6. Captive bred, captive hatched or Wild Caught snake?
7. Talk to them by phone at least once, this serves many purposes.
odds:
8. How long have they had the snake for?
9. Why are they selling it?

This is a start, good luck.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
bcr229
I wrote this up a while ago but it's still valid.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...g-Herps-Online

Old 10-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
elena
You may want to ask, in addition to what[/b] it is eating, how often and how consistently. Also, if you are buying an WC, LTC or farmed snake, ask if has been treated for internal and external parasites, and if so, if it has had a fecal test performed and what were the results.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #5
elena
I will also say that I really don't recommend buying a WC (unless treated and in captivity for years) or farmed snake for your first purchase. WC animals require more experience.

Old 10-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #6
Synchronixe
It's not my first snake I just met in person to pick up my last one. It was actually from John Battaglia and he allowed for me to handle the snake and check it out before we finalized the transaction

Old 10-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #7
Robert Walker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!