Winter Shipments - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Double B Reptiles
Winter Shipments

Just had my first winter shipment since the 2010/2011 winter. I must say, it was a series of pacing, checking emails, and checking the fedex tracking status. I was really stressed, especially since where I was shipping to was pretty borderline shipping temp. Anyhow, happy ending. Snakes arrived safe and sound. Love to see the email following saying they are warm on arrival. I always get nervous, even though I meticulously package everything and provide more than enough heat. Anyhow, just wanted to share that. Hope everyone is having a good year/season so far!

Brendan Butler

Old 01-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Randy F
good for you. I get weird about shipping in the cold, especially being from socal! I would rather just wait until it gets warmer and less snow!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Kingofspades
I've postponed shipping until Spring just because I do not trust New England weather. It might say 40 degrees on the forecast, but 10 minutes later it will be 10.

I'll wait until Spring.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
MrBig
I agree, being in PA I would wait until spring unless we get a really warm spell. I have the same issues of pacing and whatnot every time I put my snakes into the incompetent hands of FedEx.

Old 01-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
Ballpythonsnakes
I got some balls (0.1 Mojave-150G, 0.1 Bumblebee-90G, o.1 Fire-300G) shipped in pretty cold temps was suppose to be 40 degrees but ended up being 13 degrees, luckily the package had heat packs taped in the bottom, top and on 2 sides it read 76 degrees when I opened it. Fedex was also 6 hours late I was really stressing out. It work out good in the end.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
R. Eventide
I'm glad the snakes arrived safely!! Shipping is nerve-wracking in general, let alone in cold temps!!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
mgoblue347
I am making a final payment on a new snake this Wed, and living in Central PA would have no problem with the breeder holding the animal until warmer weather to assure the safety of the new addition.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!