genetics? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 03:39 AM   #21
Xelda
I agree. He's got some serious potential. Good luck, and I hope he makes a full recovery.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:45 AM   #22
Bringerofdoom
yea, i hope he makes it. i never cared what type of albino he was, i asked on another board and thats what they told me. i would almost think it was a stripe, cause in the right light you can see a pinkish thin stripe that runs down the back. if you look at the tail you can see where it continued and stopped.

Old 11-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #23
Bringerofdoom
update just for everyone to know i went to the vet today (was suposed to be tuesday, but i blew my powersteering line and had to re-schedule for today) im waiting for a call to find out the results of the fecal now. they gave him a dose of panacur, some antibiotics and a diet to be feed via syringe for now. i hope things start to turn around for him now.

Old 11-06-2004, 12:10 AM   #24
Blazin
Great!

Cool hope you get that guy turned around. With some TLC and some help from a qualified vet I bet you can. I hope the best for ya and him!

Old 11-06-2004, 01:23 AM   #25
LadyGecko
I understand the money thing- I have no credit( I was raised by old fashioned parents that bought all their major purchases in cash except for their house) and everything that I do is on a cash basis- I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing(no credit card debt) but I do know that when the need arises for extra cash it can be very difficult to come up with some on short notice.
We just ran up a 400 dollar vet bill last week on my 9 yr.old male black lab for blood work-x-rays and medication for arthritis and thankfully my vet takes payments.
You can have the best intentions with caring for animals and it still isn't enough if the money isn't there and sometimes stuff just doesn't fall into place as you would like it to. I don't think that because you don't have a bankroll or a savings account that you shouldn't keep animals-there is always a way to get them the professional care that they need -it just sometimes takes a few days longer than you would like.
I hope that he can make a full recovery!!
Sandy

Old 11-10-2004, 12:54 PM   #26
royalgoldreps
Re: genetics?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bringerofdoom
ok i i have a patternless leo thats 66% het for albino female(according to k&n) im wondering what would be better to mate it with. a albino, patternless albino, hypo or other morphs?? im just trying to think of what would make the best young. some of you seem to have the morph breeding down, so i would figure you all can advise on the best mate. thanks in advance

OK, back to genetics:

Tribal, the ONLY way you would get Patternless Albino babies from that female is with a Patternless Albino male and then ONLY IF the female is actually het for albino and the male is of the same strain albino.

So, the first task is to verify the strain of albino the female MIGHT be het for. K&N should know that, ask them. Once you know that then you need a male albino or patternless albino with the same strain of albino to breed to her. That will tell you if you truely have a het for albino on your hands.

Good luck.

Steven
Royal Gold Reptiles

Old 11-10-2004, 04:40 PM   #27
Tribal Gecko
Quote:
Tribal, the ONLY way you would get Patternless Albino babies from that female is with a Patternless Albino male and then ONLY IF the female is actually het for albino and the male is of the same strain albino.
Can't he breed an albino het patternless to his patternless het albino (considering if it is) to get patternless albinos?

Old 11-10-2004, 04:46 PM   #28
Bringerofdoom
i thought i had already stated this, but i will again.

the patternless is 66% het for tremper albino.

here is the picture of his eyes, maybe this might help. the picture quality isnt that great though.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2004, 04:48 PM   #29
Bringerofdoom
sorry, i meant to say thats the picture of the albino's eyes

Old 11-10-2004, 05:00 PM   #30
royalgoldreps
Quote:
Originally posted by Tribal Gecko
Can't he breed an albino het patternless to his patternless het albino (considering if it is) to get patternless albinos?
Yup, that would work too. I was trying to stick with the combinations that were mentioned already though. Sorry I was not clear about that.

BOD, I am not certain what strain of albino that is, but I am thinking it looks like Las Vegas (used to call it Rainwater) to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread