Inquiry Tom Clancy/ Ryan.. Selling spurs $30 in AZ. anyone know them? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
predators
Tom Clancy/ Ryan.. Selling spurs $30 in AZ. anyone know them?

Saw this ad on KingSnake. Selling spurs for $30 and Leop. Torts. for $40. Says he has 1100 of each but only wants to sell them if I send advance payment and he can go to the bank and cash the check. Will not take paypal and will not take a credit card or do COD. Says his paypal acct is suspended and he doesnt have a bank acct due to his Bankruptcy..
He only wants an advance check which he can walk into a bank and cash. When he calls it comes from a Private number. Deal seems Great and I dont want to pass judgement but I do want to be cautious. Does anyone know who these people are? They are in Arizona. Thanks

Dan Fleming.

Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
Ken Foose
Dan, this sounds like Ken Marino. I sent him a check up front for sulcatta and leopards that were priced very low. Said he had thousands of them. Wanted a check up front. Cashed it at a branch of my bank in Phoenix. That was in Feb. I have no tortoises. If he's got a phone # listed for you to call him, post it and let's compare notes. I hate to say this, but after the experience I've had, I would not send a dime to anyone for tortoises in Arizona up front. I know I'll never, ever do that again. I'm very close to pegging this guy, buy the way.

Old 06-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
predators
The number I have is..602 312 5317. However when I call it goes to his voicemail. When he calls me its a private number. When he emails me he is always saying he is busy with his other businesses, et. et and has 100's of emails to respond to.. He says he isnt receiving my calls but, confirms this is his number. The whole thing is so strange. That is exactly what he wants me to do as well send a check which he can cash at a local branch in his home town. Says he has people already sending checks, cant believe the turn out there going fast yada yada. I am interested to see what your notes are as well.. thanks

Dan Fleming

Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by predators View Post
I am interested to see what your notes are as well.. thanks

Dan Fleming
Look at this link,

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=134350

Dusty Jones

Old 06-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Wraith
The IP on the ad does come back as arizona.
<!-- Posted by: tomclancy 97.117.250.64 1244326609-->

Dunno if it means anything but as far as names go.. might be worth it to be a little cautious? "Tom Clancy" is a well known mid-atlantic/east coast author who has a series of books with a main character named "Jack Ryan".

Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #6
spawn
Dan, I have to say that I've never heard of these people, but based on what he's telling you over the phone: don't send a check.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
LauraB
Yep, yep ... what Wraith says re: author Tom Clancy and the character Jack Ryan.

And why is his PayPal suspended? Does he have the tortoises in his possession? Can he send you more photos? Will he give you his address? What's his email addy?

Sorry, I can't say I've ever heard of the herper Tom Clancy, but I always go by the mantra: if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is too good to be true. Personally, I'd walk away.

The Fauna link reptile_jones posted is a damn shame for Ken Foose and at least one other guy. I just hope Ken finds the SOB.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:33 PM   #8
Ken Foose
I just called Jeff over at kingsnake.com and left a message for him to yank this guys ads off there. At least this ass won't be able to use that method to rip anyone else off.

Anyone in here able to check IP addresses? I have two names now, and I'm sure both email addresses are the same person. But I don't know how to compare them. Damnit Jim, I'm a biologist, not a computer person!.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEBEASTREPTIL View Post
Geobytes is not really accurate when it comes to pinpointing locations from IPs. They can really be way off at times.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!