wondering about the paypal 3% - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-01-2005, 02:22 AM   #51
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCharm
$80 on a nearly $3000 transaction isn't squat. Consider this, I spend $200 a month in gas getting to a job that pays me less than $3000 a month, you don't see me sitting at home waiting for gas prices to drop......food for thought.
Gas hit $3.35 here today....I think I might just sit around on my butt for awhile and let the price go down again...LOL.

And I agree, it's the cost of doing business. A company I ordered from tacked on a 3% surcharge, and I didn't see it, or know about it until long after the fact. It was nowhere on their site either. It didn't hurt my pocketbook any, but I will not be doing business with them again. It's a bit underhanded and just plain cheap.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:44 AM   #52
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
And I agree, it's the cost of doing business. A company I ordered from tacked on a 3% surcharge, and I didn't see it, or know about it until long after the fact. It was nowhere on their site either. It didn't hurt my pocketbook any, but I will not be doing business with them again. It's a bit underhanded and just plain cheap.
And rather illegal. You should dispute the charge.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:22 AM   #53
A_Kendergirl
To dispute over $1.50 really isn't worth my time. They can keep it. It was a month before I noticed the charge, and that was several months ago. I'll be going elsewhere with my business.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #54
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Kendergirl
To dispute over $1.50 really isn't worth my time. They can keep it. I'll be going elsewhere with my business.
Dispute the whole charge for the whole order.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #55
Jim O
Shanti,

I understand that it's small potatoes, but it's not the amount, there is a principle involved. Also, you might be protecting others from the same thing with larger dollar amounts. The only way people like this will be stopped is if complaints are made.

I complained about the aborted transaction I mentioned. The amount was obviously greater but there was nothing lost as I had already received a full refund. There wasn't much that PayPal could do on a "non-transaction" but again, I felt the inquiry should be made and the seller put on notice.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:36 PM   #56
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I understand that it's small potatoes, but it's not the amount, there is a principle involved. Also, you might be protecting others from the same thing with larger dollar amounts. The only way people like this will be stopped is if complaints are made.
$1.50 or $150 - the point of the matter is worth it!
KJ

Old 09-02-2005, 12:45 AM   #57
A_Kendergirl
I totally agree with you about making a point with these people, but it will have to wait. I haven't had a day off in over two weeks, and I'm in no mood to be chasing people down right now. In a week or two, when my life goes back to normal, I will get in touch with them. Thank god for hiring new help!

Old 09-15-2005, 06:04 PM   #58
coyote
I love being able to transact internet business via PayPal. I don't want to have to rely exclusively on credit cards or money orders to pay for purchases made online. If I did I'd of made far fewer purchases than I have. I am aware of the 3% cost to the seller when I pay via PayPal. Just today I made the last installment on the purchase of a snake. I added money over and above what was due to compensate for the fees that PayPal charged the seller. I did this out of gratitude for the privilage of being allowed to make payments. I am not like every other buyer. What I have experienced in shipping and handling fees has been outrageously inflated in too many cases anymore. I always check shipping and handling fees before I bid or buy online. In some cases that will make or break the deal.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #59
coyote
Now if he refunds through PayPal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
Well...I just lost a deal over this issue. A seller and I had agreed on a shipped price for some animals. He agreed to accept PayPal. I sent his the agreed upon sum ($2750) and then he was unhappy that PayPal took its cut of ~$80 and wanted me to also send that amount after the fact. I politely pointed to PayPal's rules (with the link) and offered him the option to refund my money or accept my payment. He chose the former and promptly made the refund.

Anyone think I should post the details and the seller's name on the BOI? Complain to PayPal?
you end up paying the $80 fee.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:53 PM   #60
JasonBrennan
IF he uses PayPal's refund option, you will get your entire payment back. The fee will be refunded from PayPal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!