PayPal Alternatives - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
PayPal Alternatives

I know there has been alot of discussion on here about PayPal.... have any of you'll found any alternatives?

The internet company I used to work for used authorize.net but it looks like they have a monthly fee.

Is there any others out there than only charge a transaction fee like paypal?

thanks for you input.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #2
LakesideBoas
I've heard of Google check-out, but haven't a clue where to find info on it or if it's even available any more. Try searching the web for it (and maybe others will pop up).

I've had my Paypal account so long it's just habit for me to use it. Sorry if i'm not much help.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
The only other one I am aware of is GoogleCheckout...But there are some stipulations and differences.

Fees: 2% + $0.20 per transaction

One of the things is you have to invoice each transaction unless you use their BIN buttons or have a shopping cart setup on a web site. Then when a credit card payment is sent you actually have to go in and charge it yourself, it's not automatic. Google also automatically deposits payments into your checking account.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:09 PM   #4
hhmoore
Google Checkout also specifically states that it cannot be used for live animals.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Google Checkout also specifically states that it cannot be used for live animals.
yeah, i was going to say... that was an issue brought up in a similar thread awhile back.

There really isnt another service out there, that i would trust personally. Paypal has its drawbacks, but ive been using it for quite some time *knock on wood* without much issue.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
See, now I heard that, but I can't find that in the prohibited items section.

The only mention of animals I found in the Policies & Guidelines says: "Animals, animal parts, blood, or fluids and noxious weeds, prohibited seeds, plants or other organisms (including product derivatives) in danger of extinction or whose trade is otherwise regulated by law."

Which I took as you can't use GoogleCheckout to deal with animals that are endangered or otherwise regulated. For what it's worth, I've had my account since it started and I've never been "yelled at" for the live animal thing. I'll shoot them over an e-mail and see what they say, cause doing a search came up with nothing else.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:25 PM   #7
LakesideBoas
I knew you guys would come to the rescue! I was doing three things at once and didn't have time for a search.

I should knock on wood, but Paypal's been very good to me.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #8
hhmoore
I'll try to track down where I saw it, Steph.
Also, wasn't it Heather whose Google Checkout account closed because she was using it for snake sales?

Old 09-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #9
BryonsBoas
Yes it was. I don't remember what set it off but they cancelled her account most ricky tick.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:42 AM   #10
hhmoore
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...6&postcount=20
Quote:
http://checkout.google.com/support/s...n&answer=75724

Unacceptable product categories:

Animals and regulated species Animals, animal parts, blood, or fluids and noxious weeds, prohibited seeds, or plants or other organisms (including product derivatives) in danger of extinction or whose trade is otherwise regulated by law

Yeah.... BOOOOO

I was not aware of this until I got booted... They should have mentioned it beforehand.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!