Ghost IMg het albino x albino het anery breeding help - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
TVincent
I didn't see the apologies at first. A lot of money was out forth, but I figured between the connections ect.. It should be fine. The male seems to show a lot of interest, yet the albino het anery female not so much. How long would you suggest keeping him in with each female? I recently switched him over to a big hypo ph albino in hopes of her giving it up easier.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #12
TVincent
Also, how do I post pictures from my phone?

Old 07-15-2014, 04:47 PM   #13
TVincent
How often should I switch the male to different females?

Old 07-16-2014, 04:57 AM   #14
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVincent View Post
How long would you suggest keeping him in with each female? I recently switched him over to a big hypo ph albino in hopes of her giving it up easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVincent View Post
How often should I switch the male to different females?
All this info is going to have to be determined by you. You can get all the general time line information & common practices but it's going to fall on you
to determine a plan for your animal. Reading or watching the material suggested will greatly benefit you more then just a member here saying what they did. It sounds like you invested a lot already, don't sure change yourself skimping on the homework because there are always real risk to your animals when breeding no matter how you go about it.
A majority of the member here really do try to help but are usually better suited at answering questions or offering suggestions once your on track & even then the details & any actions will have to be decided by you. Some breeders have strict light TOD setting where other don't use light ever, some drop temps to encourage mating where others feel its not needed or to big of a RI risk, some stop feeding thinking it makes males lethargic, or don't hold there animal to reduce stress, etc, etc
I would check out that material, maybe even keep a close eye on your friend AJ. I'm sure you'll notice everyone does things a little different & that somethings work better for different parties. Determine what you think would work best for you & why, then you'll have more specific question that someone might of already experienced here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I don't know if he ever released it on dvd? I was debating letting go of my VHS but I assumed, who really has VHS anymore.
I did actually buy a cheap VHS a few years ago to transfer a few old home movies to DVD & it was a pain. I don't believe Jeff Ronne's movie ever was put on DVD & doubt it will ever get made on one since there is probably a lot of new material that could be added. If you do ever want to sell it you better let me know though, I still want to see it & think its a cool keepsake. I'm going to have to ask my kid now if he knows what a VHS tape is now when I get home, as if I don't feel old enough already, lol.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #15
JCCS
Honestly, I wouldn't put a male on more than one female per season. More than that and you're risking his life even more so than just breeding him to begin with.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
I only tried a male with two females once, what I did was leave him with the first girl for approx. 6 weeks until all signs of courting had stopped, then moved him to the other for the 4 or so weeks he courted her. It was my first time and a big guessing game.

Going forward and in the future, I would only do one male per female.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:47 AM   #17
TVincent
Since you say only one female should I remove him from the hypo ph albino? I wanted the albino het anery litter, but the lack of interest made me nice him. He's been copulating with the hypo ph vigorously. I would put a picture of his size if I could. When I talked to Pete he mentioned more than one female, but he's a hard person to get in touch with. I also don't want to bug him. In these few weeks I've noticed the male and female basically do their "thing" with minimal changes. The ghost IMG het albino is at least 6 1/2 ft long and between 13-15 pounds I would assume. The shipment weight was 55 pounds and 4 snakes were in the package. He is thick, and very muscular. I've considered giving him a decent break after I see the proper signs and lack of interest from this pair, and possibly pairing him with another female. I would make sure he had ample rest time and was feed well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bci, boas, breeding