Need Opinions-What morph next? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Stretch_83
Need Opinions-What morph next?

First time post here on faunaclassifieds, was directed to this site by a friend and now I spend hours browsing forums and classifieds (lots of great info). I currently have two ball pythons. One is a male albino and the other is a female albino pastel. I've had snakes in the past but now I want to try and breed ball pythons. I'm going to the next Hamburg, PA reptile show and plan on picking up a couple more ball python morphs...just not sure which one's yet? What do you reccomend that isn't outragously expensive yet will get some interesting hatchlings? Budget would be 500-600 dollar range each. There are so many morphs out there I'm not sure which one to get and I haven't quite learned what kind of morphs you'll get when you breed two other morphs. I've been given a lot of great information from friends but unless I write everything down I tend to forget all that info especially when it comes to what kind of offspring you'll get when you breed two morphs. I have 2 5-tub racks from boamaster on the way and look forward to filling all the tubs.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Focal
I think a fem Cinnamon het Albino would be sweet. I think I saw a possible het breeder size for sale around your price range.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Stretch_83
Cool, thanks...I'll have to see if I can find it. I thought a piebald would be cool but not sure what you'd get when breeding them with another morph and they are a little above the budget range I was looking for.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Focal
If you cross the piebald with the albino you'll get a normal looker that's double het for albino piebald. A pair of those run a nice penny but when you get a visual, big $$$ if you can find a buyer.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #5
Stretch_83
Hey thanks, like I said I'm still new to the breeding thing so this info is coming in very handy. If I couldn't find a piebald female to pair with my male albino and got a male piebald and paired it with the female albino pastel would the outcome be the same for the most part or would that pastel gene make a difference?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch_83 View Post
Hey thanks, like I said I'm still new to the breeding thing so this info is coming in very handy. If I couldn't find a piebald female to pair with my male albino and got a male piebald and paired it with the female albino pastel would the outcome be the same for the most part or would that pastel gene make a difference?
I missed the pastel part. That would be the better deal for sure. You would get the same results but half would be visual for pastel.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
The Python Lab
I would recommend a lesser and a mojave ( one male one female ) that would be a great blue eyed lesser project, and there is a ton of work going on with lesser combos and mojaves still to give you a lot of pairing options in the future. As far as I know pieds are still in the 700 and up range. If you want to get into pieds I would recommend getting a het pied female and raising it up, by the time it's close to breeding size a male pieds price should have dropped a bit and should be more affordible. That's just my opinion. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #8
Stretch_83
Thank you both for the info...now at least I have a couple ideas to work with. If anybody else has any suggestions I'd like to hear them. Thanks again.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
Fonzi1289
Try looking on worldofballpythons.com Michael. It has a morph list. U click on any of the Morphs and if its a combo it will tell u which morphs make it and provide a pic of that morph. It also has a genetic wizard where all u do is plug in what u have an/or what u want to breed and its show u the outcome of the cltch in percentages.. Gives u a rough idea.

Great site and whetre i am learning most of my stuff from.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Stretch_83
That site is great! I've been there before but never used the genetic wizard, very cool.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!