Manassas, Va show VS. Richmond, Va show - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Focal
Manassas, Va show VS. Richmond, Va show

Which do you think would be better to attend?

Manassas is this weekend and about 3 hours away from me and Richmond is only 1.5 hours away but about another month down the road.

I have never been to either show and would rather go to the closer one but don't want to miss out on a better show.

Any advice? General opinions?

Thanks.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
garweft
Go to both..... That's what I'd do.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Focal
True. I've heard stories that the shows around here suck and I'd hate to waste a day going to a crappy venue. I was hoping someone would warn me as to which show is not worth it. I'm thinking it's the Richmond one.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
garweft
People have built reptile shows up to be more than they really are. So in a away all shows suck because the expectations are usually too high. If you look at them as something to do on a weekend, get out, see some snakes, BS with folks, they are all fun. It's cheaper than the zoo, and if you see something you really like you can buy it.

Hopefully someone else can give you more insight as to what each show is like. Are you looking for anything specific, or just looking to go to a show and browse?

Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Focal
Really just to browse. I'd like to look into some Tokays or scorpions for my display tanks but my requirements limit their availibility, lol. I'd also like to take the wife and son out to show them all the stuff I always talk about that they've never seen.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #6
mikeyt
I personally wouldnt visit either of those venues. While I will say I have never been to the Richmond show, I have been to the Manassas show, and the Havre De Grace show only once, which are both put on by the same promoter, and neither were worth the drive and admission to get into.

Now, I will agree with Matt, that if you are just looking for a day to blow off, then maybe you can make something of it, by visiting these venues. It is my opinion, that the 2 I have visited, are super small venues, in small buildings, with very few vendors and little variety, and even less patrons thru the door.

I think I would gamble and try the Richmond show, it may be worth the wait. I think you may be dissapointed with the manassas show after a 6 hour drive round trip.

Just my personal opinion

MikeyT
Barlow, PA

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!