Help! Possible sick snake! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
PlatinumRosePythons
Exclamation Help! Possible sick snake!

My normal girl, Rose, just woke me up at 5am out of a dead sleep because she was....coughing? gagging? It sounded like she was about to throw up. I thought she was dying. She had just pooped but it wasnt nearly as much as usual. Her last meal was on Monday. I opened up her mouth and it looks normal. Can someone please tell me what the heck just happened?!? Should I take her to a vet?

Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
snakesRkewl
Runny poo?

Sounds like the snake had/has gas

Old 01-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #3
Shadera
Heehee. Yep, sounds like snake farts. First time I ever heard it, I was cleaning rat tanks and listening to a podcast with headphones on. I heard the noise over that, and thought someone was strangling a grizzly bear outside the window.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Heehee. Yep, sounds like snake farts. First time I ever heard it, I was cleaning rat tanks and listening to a podcast with headphones on. I heard the noise over that, and thought someone was strangling a grizzly bear outside the window.
nice!

I was sleeping the first time I heard it and it managed to wake me up, I thought it was my roommate at the time, until I turned on the lights. I saw one of my little babies just squeezing out and blowing some steam lol.

But it sounds like your snake is ok, just a bit gassy

Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
PlatinumRosePythons
I dont think it was gas. She had her mouth open as she was 'coughing' and opened and closed her mouth several times after the noises stopped. Her poo was goopier than usual.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumRosePythons View Post
I dont think it was gas. She had her mouth open as she was 'coughing' and opened and closed her mouth several times after the noises stopped. Her poo was goopier than usual.
You're describing what they do when they have gas, they honk and blow it out their rear end too, it's kind of scary to watch

Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #7
Shadera
Snakes don't cough. Jerry is correct. I've only seen it once, and will happily live out the rest of my life if I never witness it again. It's hard to believe those sorts of sounds can be produced without Steven Spielberg at the helm.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Snakes don't cough. Jerry is correct. I've only seen it once, and will happily live out the rest of my life if I never witness it again. It's hard to believe those sorts of sounds can be produced without Steven Spielberg at the helm.
I seriously hope I never see/hear it again either! I thought Rose was dying and I was gonna see her go into death throws any minute! Scared the life outta me!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!