A real head shaker Craigslist ad. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
Medusa
A real head shaker Craigslist ad.

Found this ad on Craigslist tonight while browsing. I was nice enough to send the poster a polite email on proper snake husbandry......

Baby Ball Python (Rock Hill)

Date: 2013-01-06, 6:28PM EST Reply to this post tqpcc-3527199009@comm.craigslist.org [?]

Baby male ball python. He needs a home, and if I can't find him a good one I will keep him. He is 30$ but if the right home doesnt come along and all the money in the world does I'll keep him. I wasn't planning on getting this snake but I felt horrible leaving him behind. He was smushed in a very small Deli cup at the expo and so I bought him and have him in a good home where he will stay. When you emial me please tell me what you think about the following...

I plan to keep this snake with my other Ball python so it can have a friend. They like to cuddle and its really cute.

I plan to use Aspin bedding instead of newspaper or pine because Aspin is a good bedding choice.

I plan to use and over the tank heat source and keep the whole tank at 90.

Mites will go away on thier own if the snake has a lrge enough water dish to bathe in or I can use preventa mite as it is safe to spray all over the snake and its habitat.

I plan to keep my snake in a 10gallon tank so that it will stay small and I have to feed it less.

I know were to get food and plan to feed fresh killed, or frozen thawed food.

Location: Rock Hill it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID:3527199009

Copyright © 2013 craigslist

Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
PlatinumRosePythons
...wow. I'm speachless. Are you sure this isnt a troll or something??

Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #3
hhmoore
Looks like somebody was bored, and trolling...
So, why is this here?

Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
Medusa
I thought this was a ball python discussion forum and I would share what I found and see if others thought the same thing I did. If this isn't appropriate remove it.... Sorry.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #5
Kingofspades

Both the Craigslist post...and that horrid grammar.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #6
Medusa
I am truly hoping the post on CL is a troll trying to get attention. Those poor snakes.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
hhmoore
He said When you email, tell me what you think about the following....how many people posting an animal for sale indicate that they won't sell if they don't like what you have to say, then try to instigate negative responses? If you were going to be selective about who you sold to, wouldn't you use a "Tell me how you would do this" approach, rather than "Here are my thoughts, tell me what you think"? While there is a (small) chance that it is a legit ad, it is far more likely that he's trolling, IMO.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
Focal
I've seen a lot of this on CL lately, emotional posts that stem responses. It seems like people phishing for email addresses.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #9
Medusa
Thats why I have an alternate email just for CL

Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
mgoblue347
What I took from the post is that the generator was trying to see if someone knew how to take care of the snake. This isn't the generator saying how he/she takes care of the snake. This is that person trying to weed out the dummy's from those who know how to take care of a snake so that it could go to a proper home.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!