Nice pastel or firefly? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
CartelReptiles
Thumbs up Nice pastel or firefly?

So, I recently scored a firefly female from Jeremy and J&D Reptiles and put the video up on my YouTube channel along with a unboxing of my calider. Video can be seen here: (if the video is a little crappy on here, check out my channel at www.youtube.com/cartelreptiles)

Anyways, I also took some pictures because the lighting is pretty atrocious in my reptile room now that I'm getting ready to move and most of my stuff is packed. It looks marginally different to my other two pastels I compared it to with a cleaner pattern, cleaner colors, but the head threw me off. Anyways, the video of the comparison can be seen here: (again, if the video is crappy, just go to the channel for better quality)
*uploading, will be done in 6 minutes then edited in*

Also, here are some pictures of the snake in question.

Let me know what you folks think. It was supposedly confirmed by Kevin himself at NERD that it is in fact a firefly, but I don't want any surprises later one when she gets paired and produces as a single-gene female. Your input matters but like said, I do trust Jeremy. Just would like some peace of mind.

-Jay x Cartel Reptiles

Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
CartelReptiles
For some reason I cannot edit but here is the comparison video:

Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Orlandoflor
To me it looks like a pastel. Looks a bit too dark to be a firefly from what I have seen.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
johno305
Hey there, I kind of agree with Orlando, it does look like a pastel instead of a firefly.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
radera5
I'd say it's a Pastel, we all know there are variations of each combo though so at this point you'll find out when she breeds.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
Kingofspades
Pastel.

Here is my firefly female. (No photo editing other than resizing)

Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Focal
I don't think so by the way the alien heads darken up at the top. She looks like a pastel.

Cell pic of mine:

Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
Focal
I should also add that this ^ is a Sulfur Pastel.

I couldn't find a comparison shot between a pastel and firefly, but I did for a pastel sulfur. The yellow fades much lower on pastel similar to the one you posted.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...parison-Photos

Old 01-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
roro8633
For sure a pastel. Here's a few of mine. There at 400-500 grams and the middle ones deep in shed and is still pretty bright.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #10
GREGORY J HALL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofspades View Post
Pastel.

Here is my firefly female. (No photo editing other than resizing)

THATS A EXCEPTIONAL FLY!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!