New to Geckos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
Leighanne
New to Geckos

Hello Everybody! I am not new to Fauna. My first reptile was a Corn Snake, my baby Jake! But now we have a Gecko! Jeff(my fiancee) named him Gex. We did the research, but we have a "few" questions.

1. Whats there life span? We couldn't find that.

2. He has a hole behind his front left leg. Is that supposed to be there??

3. How often do they shed, and how do you tell, and what are you supposed to do?? Thanx Everybody! I'm happy to be in the Gecko Forum!

Old 04-24-2006, 11:08 PM   #2
Milwaukee Reptiles
Welcome to the forum! Before we can give any definitive answers, I guess the first thing we need to know is what species of gecko it is. If you're not sure post a picture and we'll see if we can identify it.

Old 04-25-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Leighanne
Ok

We do not have any pictures yet, we just got him tonite. He is a two headed gecko. He is orange, and yellow, and his tail is Lavender, with black spots all over, and his head looks like a Leopard. Thank You!

Old 04-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #4
geckonate
I thought I was intoxicated when I read that the first time....a 2 headed gecko?

Old 04-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #5
Milwaukee Reptiles
I'm a little confused by that statement as well. Does it look like a Leopard Gecko ( http://www.geckolist.com/gallery/Eub...is+macularius/ )? Based on the description of purple tail, orange and yellow body with spots all over, that's my guess. If it is a leo, the hole (which doesn't actually break skin) behind the front limbs are normal, and you're looking at a lifespan of about 15 years if not bred (up to 20 years), usually slightly shorter if bred.

Leopard Geckos have toenails and closable eyelids, so if they're there it's probably a leo. If that's the case, fauna actually gave them their own forum (and likely the best forum for leopard geckos on the net): http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hp?forumid=149

Let me know if I'm wrong.

Example Normal-ish Leopard Gecko:

Old 04-25-2006, 05:18 AM   #6
the_Hitman
Hey

Hello this is Jeff (The fiancee) and I'll help clear things up about Gex, yeah I know it's kinda a lame name (based on the Video Game featuring the same title about a gecko). Maybe I can get help explain things a little better, the colors she said was right. It's tail is short, shorter then all those pictures you linked to. His Tail is about the size his head (a little smaller)and almost completely smooth and shaped like his head only more rounded. The Guy I bought it off said it was called a "Two Headed" Gecko because it's tail looked like... it's head, but this wasn't supposed to be an official name.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:16 AM   #7
Milwaukee Reptiles
I see... not that lame of a name, I used to play that game as well! As for the identification, I'm just not sure. Sorry I can't help more.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
nicolai
it has to be a fat tail gecko, or a knob tail gecko i have heard them called two headed geckos before.Brian, can you give her a link to a knob tail picture?

Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 PM   #9
nicolai
Found a link...

http://www.geckoranch.com/photos3.html

Old 04-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #10
Golden Gate Geckos
Welcome to the Gecko Forum here at Fauna! If possible, please post a photo of the mysterious "two-headed gecko" for us!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!