fire and smoke, the perfect wake up call... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
The NY Gecko
fire and smoke, the perfect wake up call...

so i took a nap for about 2 hours, and i wake up to smoke, chaos, and radio chatter. as im typing this the firemen are drilling and cutting away at a wall on one side of my house. ill explain. we have a wood burning stove. the pipe leads from inside to a chimney on the outside. well apparently some debris(ie ashes and cinders) managed to get thru a crack in the mortar at the base. this proceeded to cause a fire in the crawl spac eunderneath. it was very tricky to find as the heat gun couldnt pick it up. after being here for a good 2 hours now, theyve only just discovered the flame apprxoimately 30 minutes ago. fun stuff eh? the geckos are safe, they do not live at this residence. any questions with regards to that ill answer later if it please the public. in the words of paul aka LeosForLess, "quick get the comp and geckos out of the house, leave the siblings."

Old 02-20-2006, 12:04 AM   #2
Dan Lubinsky
AAAhhhhh, job security.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:05 AM   #3
techgirl
tom i am glad that you are ok. thank god it didn't become a serious problem and that everyone is ok

Old 02-20-2006, 12:15 AM   #4
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lubinsky
AAAhhhhh, job security.
Sure. But maybe remember that that job security is somebody's house (in this case that of a forum member)

Old 02-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #5
Dan Lubinsky
Lighten up, just responding to Tom's "leave the siblings"... and it's his house. Tom, you should've lent them your reptile thermometer.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #6
BalloonzForU
Quote:
Originally Posted by The NY Gecko
In the words of paul aka LeosForLess, "quick get the comp and geckos out of the house, leave the siblings."

I like that....I'm glad my younger sister was born when I was 19 and already out of the house.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:58 AM   #7
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Lighten up, just responding to Tom's "leave the siblings"... and it's his house. Tom, you should've lent them your reptile thermometer.
dad yelled at me for being in the way too many times, i wasnt going to mock their equipment. meh, everybodys ok. ill post pics of the dmg if i can

Old 02-20-2006, 03:29 AM   #8
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Yes sir. Just thought on a public forum, such a statement from a professional public servant looks kind of tacky, at least without a LOL, or comment that you knew the person or whatever. I'd think it tacky and unprofessional if I said the same thing to you, if someone in your family got hurt or had a medical emergency, guess I'm just too sensitive, sorry.

Old 02-20-2006, 05:37 AM   #9
Dan Lubinsky
Apologies if you or anyone else were offended, John. I thought Tom's closing qoute to his post set the tone, seeing that he was still in the house during the incident. BTW, I'm a fellow Paramedic with 18 years on rescue and try to rely on a (somewhat twisted) sense of humor to keep on chuggin'. Hopefully you'll be retired by the time you reach my crusty old age of 54 (there I go again offending old folks). Let's just hope nobody posts of their cat stuck in a tree or I'll have to hit them with the old " Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree ? ".

Old 02-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #10
The NY Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebreeder
Yes sir. Just thought on a public forum, such a statement from a professional public servant looks kind of tacky, at least without a LOL, or comment that you knew the person or whatever. I'd think it tacky and unprofessional if I said the same thing to you, if someone in your family got hurt or had a medical emergency, guess I'm just too sensitive, sorry.
its quite alright. me and dan communicate with frequency through email. my house still smells like smoke this mornin and all my clothes smell too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!