I was gratefull for the 911 response UNTIL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
SPJ
I was gratefull for the 911 response UNTIL

I got the bills!

Because I blacked out after calling 911, the operator dispatched the police, fire and ambulance to the house.
One police office showed up, a fire truck and paramedic, and 2 ambulance companies.
BOTH ambulance companies are billing me even though only ONE actually treated me and transported me to the hospital.
Seymour Ambulance Association treated me and brought me in.
They sent me a bill for $574.80 which was comprised of amount for showing up of $514.00 and the misc charge (treatmetn and mileage) of $60.80.
Valley EMS (which left) sent me a bill for $568.00 for showing up.
The ER billed me $2,190.55 which was for the treatment and overnight stay.

The insurance will not cover the Valley EMS bilol since they are partially paying the Seymour Ambulance bill (who actually treated me) and they are not paying crap for the hospital stay.

In total I now need to pay $2,189.90.

The insurance only picked up $1,143.45 which partially covered one ambulance and part of the hospital stay.

This is total BS.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
I think it may be time to retain counsel amigo, there's no logical reason for you to be responsible for the second ambulance showing up.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
DAND
They get you every time. Call and complain and complain and complain. If you don't get the answer you are looking for ask to speak to their supervisor and keep doing so until it gets resolved. Oh, and when it is make damn sure you wrote down the person's name just in case. They (hospitals) do crap like this thinking most folks wouldn't fight it. Keep an eye out for getting bills that you have already paid for that are being sent again.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
Tiger Lilly
Why on earth would TWO ambulances show up? The one that did nothing other than show up would sure be getting an earful from me for sending me a bill when they did nothing!
Dave & John are right--though I would start with the complaint campaign first.
Around here, ambulance chasing (& this is a true case of it!) is against the law. Find out how it was that TWO of them showed up--one could be sitting & listening to scanners....

Old 09-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
mckyle
And this is one reason I support a public option for healthcare... =/

Old 09-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
Why on earth would TWO ambulances show up?
One for Steve and one for the bee, duh.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
having worked in insurance for 5 years (although it was property/causualty) I would have to 2nd what DAND said, call, complain, get the supervisor involved, call again and always take notes on who you talked to (your insurance company should be the one helping you fight the extra ambulance charge for goodness sakes!). It is going to be a pain and a hassle. Write letters too (sometimes better than calling). Try to keep a nice even tone and level head about it of course. Good luck Steve!

(you should see some of the charges the fire dept. has! some are insane.)

Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
SPJ
This just gets better and better.

I'm stuck paying for the Seymour Ambulance Association part the insurance won't pick up and the full amount for the Valley EMS bill.

Phone calls, pleading, begging, did nothing.

It turns out that the other ambulance did leave and didn't bill me as I first thought. What I did get billed for was the Seymour Ambulance for responding and transporting me. It turns out that the Valley EMS bill is the fee for the paramedic who was there! WTF! Almost $600 for the paramedic fee!

The way it turned out is the insurance company pays one set amount (in this case basically nothing) and I am stuck with anything else.

No wonder healthcare costs are out of control. Here is proof that they you with the costs!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #9
Helenthereef
I'm out of the USA. I had NO IDEA you get billed for this. It's incredible. And why on earth should you be responsible for double show ups?
There MUST be a better way for USA health care.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!