I Hate Them!!!!!!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
Leighanne
I Hate Them!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care, that Anole can eat when Daddy gets home later, or not. I HATE those stupid Crickets!!!! One just got lose! Stupid pathetic jumper! They are SO sick, I HATE insects!!!! I sit here on the puter, and all I can ever hear are those stupid things jumping, and scattering, and they EAT eachother!! Their Satan, and I hate them!!!!!!!!! I can't stand bugs!! He even hoped away from me when I tried steping on him! Now I bet thats a prego girl, and their gonna be all over the place! I'll move out!!!!!!! I'll go sleep in the car!!!!!!!! No more feeding his lizards for me! EVER!!!! EWWWW!!!!!!!!! UGHHH!!!!!!!!!! Freakin things with shells!!!! Sorry, just had to vent.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Leighanne
Got Him!

5 minutes after I made that post he came out to open floor! BIG mistake!! It took me three times but I finally got him under my shoe! There allowed in the tank, but not running through my house! Don't worry theres still like 80 some in there! They are SO nasty! I'm going to work, and Jeff and me are gonna figure a daily schedule between us, because I am NOT feeding anymore! I almost had a heart attack!

Old 05-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
cka
ummm, don't know if your talking about an anole or leopard gecko (as this is the leopard gecko forum) but 80 crickets in a cage as feeders is definately not a good idea, as they may decide that your lizard (whatever it is) looks good enough to eat...

Old 05-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Leighanne
No, No, No. I was talking about the Anole. I know this is Gecko Forum, it was kinda related, as in I ain't feeding anymore! I don't hate either of them! Our Leopard Gecko Gex I love him to death. Just have major bug phobia. This is the first one that got lose on me, probably because I was being skidish. My Fiancee and myself work different schedules sometimes. I don't know if he feed the Anole or not. Hes or daytime eater, Gex eats at night. I saw him workin on their tanks earlier. I'm just gonna have to tell him to make sure HE feeds them. If I tried to go back and catch a Cricket right now, it'd probably get lose again or something and then I WOULD have a heart attack. I'm sorry. Just had to vent that one out. I like my rodents better when it comes to feeding. I love Gexie, and Picolo, but I can't feed em!

Old 05-21-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
Leighanne
The Crickets have their own 20 gallon tank. Thats the tank I'm not messing with anymore. Gex, and Picolo, and Jakers all have their own tanks.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #6
geckonate
with all due respect,

Why would you buy an insectivore if you have "major bug phobia?"

Old 05-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #7
Leighanne
Jeff and I have been together for almost four years! All of the animals are "ours." We love them all! But by all due technicality, and Jeff and I have talked about this. If we break up Gex, and Picolo go with him, and Jakers goes with me. Jake was the only one that I bought. Jeff doesn't have an insect phobia, he can pick them up and hold them, and do what ever needs done. I've been helping him with the Crickets. This was my first incident. I have no problem catching them, but I can't phsically touch them. I've cleaned them, feed them, caught them, but thats as far as it goes. I love my Fiancee anyway, and I hope that we are together always! If I was on my own though, I can't say that I WOULD actually buy a bug eating animal. Wich would suck because Gex is awesome and I love him to death! We are going to get more Geckos before more Snakes. Their to cute! Jeff bought Gex, and he was a Juvi, set is his ways with his Crickets. We tried mealworms but it didn't work. Its actually funny he has no problem with insects and I do, but when it came to trying the mealworms he couldn't touch them! LOL I had more experience with worms. I was used to them from going fishing. I know a lot of girls that won't hook their own worms, but I can! Its funny!! I laughed at Jeff so bad for not liking the little worms! Anywayz that explains it.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #8
coyote
Do you put food and water in with the crickets?
They are less inclined to eat each other when they are provided with food and a moisture source.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:34 AM   #9
Leighanne
They are gutloaded with Flukers gutload, and drink Flukers thirst quencher, calcium fortified. Its this weird yellow gel.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 AM   #10
ellman605
ew, no flukers, fluker is baddddd for gutload. Use cricketfood.com, best stuff on the market, gary's been getting fatter by the day since i've switched

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!