People who "flake out" on deals. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

View Poll Results: What should become of the "Flakes"???
Let them slide and just mentally note not to deal with them in the future. 61 70.11%
Hang them out to dry on the BOI. 12 13.79%
They entered a legal contract, sue their worthless a$$ 6 6.90%
Plan revenge for your wasted time and possible lost sales. 8 9.20%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2004, 10:00 AM   #21
Alias47
Feedback and the BOI are great tools...if used well.
Sometimes it appears you have to wade through personal grudge to get to the truth...but, for what it is, it does work.
I think the reaction to the original poll depends on the amount and nature of the transaction. A wholesale breeder with a written contract for thousands of dollars that gets stiffed...I would definitely resort to much more severe means...as for legal recourse...I run a business...I have people back out of written and signed contracts all the time...for tens of thousands of dollars. But it is not worth suing them. If the work has not been performed (in a breeders case, animals haven't been shipped) there isn't a great amount of legal ramifications for the non-buyer and there isn't a lot of legal recourse for the seller.

Matt...I'll leave feedback about you as soon as my stuff gets here...You have been a pleasure to deal with...and prompt isn't even the word for the speed you dealt with me. INSTANTLY is a much better term...although your motivation may play a part in the whole process...every email probably gets visions of Boas dancing in your head

Old 10-07-2004, 02:02 PM   #22
Sand&SunReptile
Probably does.
What did you buy from Matt?

Old 10-07-2004, 04:04 PM   #23
Alias47
Some dishes and hides...I have a few new arrivals this week and needed some more stuff.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:32 PM   #24
Sand&SunReptile
Awesome. I was considering those, but decided against it. Matt is a crook...
heh just kidding, Matt is good people. So far so good with my purchase. I got an incubator, 2 books, and some heat tape, pre wired.
He received my deposit, for him to hold it for a week, which was cash mind you, and promptly told me about it.
If he was a crook, I would have emailed him tomorrow, asking, knowing full well it had gotten there (MA to WV doesn't take a week, with just an envelope, unless hand delivered all the way, without directions). And I would have gotten a response, saying he never recieved anything, it was cash, he is not liable, cash in unreliable through the mail.
Butttttttt he didnt. He promptly emailed me telling me he recieved the 20, and will box everything I ordered up, and mark it as sold on the thread.
Hope you get yourself timely, and in one peice, which I havent the least bit of doubt you will recieve it in less the perfect condition.
Knowing Matt, he will be sending a letter with it, letting you know contributions to his Boa fund are welcomed without question. That is, unless the money is brittle, and obviously paper. Now there's a setup for a whole different thread and place.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:36 PM   #25
Alias47
YOU ARE THE ONE WHO GOT "MY" HEAT TAPE!!

He posted the stuff for sale on Alex Hue's Forum...I responded almost immediately...but he was having a problem getting my email...must be his yahoo account. By the time I pmed him about it the heat tape was gone...oh well...I took the habbas and dishes. He priced it...I paypaled him and he sent it...all within an hour or two.

Well worth it...would have cost me 15 bucks more in the store...wish I could afford his shoebox rack right now. That would have been perfect.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #26
Sand&SunReptile
Heh, sorry. I only bought 1 peice though!
Ill sell it to ya, for 30shipped...
Anyhow, I would've liked the rack as well, but I need bigger tubs at the time, so the rack is out of the question, plus I dont have the money for all the add-ons. Im buying a rack directly from Casey, at Natures Spirit. Besides, his is black, and that would stand out ni my room, I need white.
Sorry Matt.

Old 10-23-2004, 01:06 PM   #27
romad119
Maybe taking a non-refundable deposit on all 'Hold that animal for me!" would be appropriate? This way the the seller doesn't take a loss and the buyer is more likely to follow through. Maybe use a % of the total?

Old 10-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #28
Sand&SunReptile
That is a good idea.
If I had a 10k animal, I would make somebody put a couple hundred deposit on that.
Im not going to lose sales for somebody who is screwing around. Chances get better than somebody is screwing around. If they dont make an offer to buy it, within a few chats, then you know they arent serious.
Someone looking to buy highend stuff isnt going to ask you what it's temperment like, and really care much about that.

Old 10-23-2004, 04:11 PM   #29
romad119
I'd even take one for $100 animals. Have them put $25 down.

Old 10-23-2004, 10:54 PM   #30
Sand&SunReptile
Id take a deposit on most things. Maybe not anoles, lol.
But, I would make a deposit maditory if I became plagued with flakers.
I mean, Ive not sold a lot, but have had flakeouts on stuff already.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!