Finding the right herp for a 2x2x5ft tall enclosure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-01-2020, 01:39 AM   #1
bmxflat99
Finding the right herp for a 2x2x5ft tall enclosure

Hey guys,

I have this mini closet in my bedroom that I think would be cool to convert into some kind of herp enclosure. So I'm looking for suggestions on what kind of herps would be best suited for an enclosure size of 2ft x 2ft x 5ft tall. It's not like they would be locked away in a dark closet, I would take the door off and line the inside with plexi or FRP and have a nice glass/plexi/screen door, depending on what's best for the particular species I go with. I'm handy and can build it up right to best suit it's needs. In the past I've had crested geckos, leopard gecko, ring neck snake, dumeril's boa, argus monitor, water monitor, and my favorite quince monitor. Been out of the hobby for a few years since I moved and couldn't keep any pets at that house, so now I'm looking to get back into it with some new species that would fit right in this given space. Also I have dogs so hopefully not something that makes noise at night like the barking cresties I've had before.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you guys have!

Old 12-01-2020, 06:46 AM   #2
man5000000
Maybe a prehensile tailed skink?

Old 12-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
bmxflat99
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into those.
I've been thinking maybe one of the smaller chameleons, but I'd still like to hear other options, something new that I haven't considered before.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:39 PM   #4
marker1
Boiga Melanota or a Boiga Cynodon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!