Shopping...more than 1 OK - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: Do you like to shop?
If I hear the word 'sale', I'M THERE!!!! WATCH OUT!!! 1 9.09%
I do marathon 8 hour mall-shop sessions, I'm a PRO 0 0%
Only at reptile shows.... 3 27.27%
Grocery shopping is OK, but I have no patience with other shopping 2 18.18%
I spend my paycheck at Home Depot 1 9.09%
Walmart. 4AM. That's where the REAL shopaholics go.... 1 9.09%
I'll go to the mall if my wife threatens my existence 0 0%
I like going shopping with friends and then lunch 1 9.09%
No, I make most of my purchases online now. 2 18.18%
Malls, garage sales, if it's for sale, I'm shoppin' 1 9.09%
We do not 'shop' on my planet... 3 27.27%
I get in, buy what I need, and get out 8 72.73%
Planned; coupons, sales, it's a SCIENCE for me... 0 0%
I love shopping at gun shows 0 0%
Only when someone else is buying 1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
Lucille
Shopping...more than 1 OK

Being a student again I do not have a lot of disposable income, and out of that comes stuff for the kids, books and supplies for school, and upkeep for the zoo here, so I don't get to go and shop a lot but I LOVE it. Someone at school gave me a gift certificate to Foley's, which is a large up-scale department store in the south. They had a SALE today and I spent two hours looking at EVERYTHING!
I finally emerged with a fawn colored leather Etienne Aigner handbag ($100, but it was sale priced) and enjoyed the huge fountain outside the store, what a terrific afternoon!
Do YOU like shopping?

Old 06-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
HerpAddict
I am part of a minority of all females, in that I HATE shopping for anything other than herps and their supplies. I don't like trying on clothes, and I think they are a waste of money most of the time. If I had to pick my favorite stores, it would be the electronics, cars, and herps. Can you tell that I was a daddy's girl? If he was under the hood of a car, so was I!

So no, I don't like shopping. I have gone for over 6 months without being at a mall, and I'm happier for it!

Old 06-18-2005, 06:06 PM   #3
PaulSage
I'm not a big fan of going shopping. Not because I hate shopping, but because I hate crowded parking lots and crowded stores. Where/when I go shopping is totally dependent upon my mood/tolerance at the time and the crowd factor. If I can get what I need online, I prefer to shop from my desk. I only go grocery shopping at non-peak hours, and avoid stores that have notoriously long lines. I used to prefer ShopKo for basics, but they rarely have more than 2-3 registers open... but Target always has a lot of cashiers, so I drive the extra few miles.

One thing I really don't care for is the self-check out stands at a lot of stores. They usually don't work for crap, and I get the feeling that stores just want you to make a purchase without having to deal with you. The Home Depot near me has 4 self-check outs and never (even on a weekend) has more than 1 regular cashier on duty. Come on... at a store like that where a lot of merchandise needs to be measured and looked up, how practical is it to expect the majority of customers to check themselves out?

My memo to stores who pride themselves with customer service... Don't avoid the customers and make them ring out their own purchases and send them out of the store without any "customer service" contact. I used to think I was alone on this, but every time I'm at one of those stores, other people seem to be thinking the same thing I am. I've had a numerous conversations about the issue with other people waiting in line, so I know that I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Just my opinion.

Old 06-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #4
Jim O
Online, herp shows, local herp specialty pet shop for live feeders when I need them, and when I absolutely need something.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Well I picked -- We do not 'shop' on my planet...

I hate to shop, and I mean hate it, I like to have things but I hate to shop for them. I love to cook but hate to buy groceries, I love reptiles but hate making the decision on which ones to buy, I love clothes so Im not naked and all but I hate to have to go buy them, probably why I still have shoes from high school and clothes from who knows when.

I HATE shopping of any kind, I do it because thats the way it is, though I do prefer online shopping a lot more than going out to stores looking for something they may not have and I don't mind paying extra to have what I do want delivered to my door.

If there was still one of those little old grocery stores that you could call and pay extra for delivery, heck Id do it and FAST lololol

I also hate to pump gas but I love to drive but I do have one of those little old gas stations a couple of miles away that pumps gas for no extra charge lol

Old 06-19-2005, 05:11 AM   #6
DAND
Shopping 101

What I don't like about shopping are the inconsiderate people. The little old lady that looks right at you but then jack knifed her cart in the middle of the isle and walks away. Then she has the nerve to give me a shocked look when I T-bone her cart with mine. They really need to start putting cowcatchers on shopping carts.

The crowds aren't too much of an obstacle. I use my long hair, beard and tattoos to my advantage. I just look irritated and walk to where I want to go. I'm like Moses, the crowd just parts.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #7
kiote9
Shopping brings back horrible childhood memories of standing by watching grandma and mom try on clothes for HOURS.

I go through every isle of the grocery store to make sure I have everything I need so I don't need to go back soon. Clothing is only tried on if absolutely necessary. I have lost 56 pounds in the last 2 years and am sick and tired of having to buy new pants. Hate trying them on. So I try not to lose any more weight. I prefer Walmart Superstores (or Meijer) so I can buy everything I need in one stop. Anything that is not staple is researched on the net to find out where it can be found and who has the best price. I would rather not deal with the seller in person, if I can get it from the internet I will. (Anyone who has met me KNOWS that once I start talking I don't stop.....conversation is very dear to me and when I meet someone I talk forever. The nice thing is that after you've known me for awhile I lose the need to ramble and can sit in silence comfortably.) I don't easily suffer fools or salesmen, though.

Shopping for the kids is OK, oddly enough. I don't mind taking them out and getting them things they need. Luckily they don't care for shopping unless it's toy/game/movie related. Entertainment rules their lives

Most of the time I spend on the internet I am shopping or searching for information. Usually doing both at the same time AND going through forums. Multitasking is a beautiful thing! Maybe that's the problem with shopping...you are really only doing one thing. Waste of time, IMO.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #8
kiote9
Amendment to previous post

Just wanted to add that any reptile related purchasing is not under the "shopping" category.

I love to go to pet shops and "window shop", go to supply stores and "window shop", go to animals shows and shelters. Most of my "shopping" time on the internet is spent going from website to website looking at peoples collections and available reptiles. There are so many different snakes I really want, but the law says I have to raise my kids......guess I need to keep feeding clothing and sheltering them instead of getting the snakes. (I do love my kids...I hope someday they appreciate it!)

Old 06-19-2005, 12:09 PM   #9
Cat_72
I despise shopping......get in, get out, shop with a purpose. I do, however, like to shop at Wallyworld at 3 am....none of those old ladies to get in my way, lol.

I agree with kiote though....I love browsing thru herp shops and such, can spend hour just looking, admiring, and planning my next purchase, lol.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:57 PM   #10
LakesideBoas
Herp shopping does not count...

On that note I would rather gauge my eyes out with a spork than go to a Mall...

for ANY reason...

I don't care if what you want isn't available anywhere else (via my son)(BTW, WTF is Hot Topic??).

If I don't go to a mall, I've never seen it, now have I??!