How was your Thanksgiving? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
JColt
How was your Thanksgiving?

Boy was mine fun. My daughter hosted Thanksgiving with my wife, my mother in law, her significant other and her 3 kids. My wife picked her mom up in a couple towns over and I came later with a 12 pound ham I cooked.

My daughters house sits on corner of busy street with only 4 parking spots in driveway so I had to park on side street.

The street is basically empty with most driveways capable of holding 6 cars. I pulled up just past sign that says no parking here to corner. Room for 2 more cars in front of me if someone needed.

I get out and this guy is outside with a younger guy. His son or son in law. Older guy starts screaming at me about not parking there. I said why? Because it is my *F* house! I said, I'm not parking in your drive. He comes charging at me as I grab the 12 pound ham.

Told me to move my car or he was going to *F* it up. I said OK, then I will *F* your house up. I then said, I'll be here 2 hours then gone. Younger guy is trying to pull him away.

He says, I'm going to kick your ass. Now I am pissed. I said you touch me I'll shove this ham up your ass. I said, I hate dealing with these holidays as it is and last thing I need is some old bastard giving me a bunch of crap. Now piss off. I walked to daughters house.

Sure as heck, Cops show up about 45 min later. I know one of them. He laughs and said, I should of known you would be involved, lol.

They just came to say that he called. Said I threatened his life and the SON/SIL was just shaking his head no. They told him it was perfectly legal for me to park there and I did no harm. Old guy says, He threatened me and he should not be doing that to a man my age! Now I do look a bit younger than my 61 years but not by a whole bunch. Come to find out he is only 7 months older than me, lol.

Nothing done to car. I just looked at wife and said, Good thing the younger guy was on my side. Last thing I needed to do was roll around in the mud with someone half my age. Wife said, You would have done it too! I said Yeah, guy pissed me off for a bit.

So got home and did what I like to do. Read my book with dog and cats laying beside me while snacking on cheese crackers. Hope you all had a little less stress!

Old 11-26-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
Herpin Man
I no longer spend holidays with extended family, because I have a brother who is a lot like the guy you encountered yesterday. Just isn’t worth the stress.
I spent an easy day at home with my wife, grown children, and of course, lots of critters.

Old 11-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #3
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpin Man View Post
I no longer spend holidays with extended family, because I have a brother who is a lot like the guy you encountered yesterday. Just isn’t worth the stress.
I spent an easy day at home with my wife, grown children, and of course, lots of critters.
I know what ya mean Greg! At least no drama at my daughters house. My daughter just called me about an hour ago. That guys wife stopped over and apologized to her and asked her to let me know she was sorry. I told her to let her know I'm too old to carry a grudge now, lol.

Old 11-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #4
WebSlave
Some people just have nothing better in life to do than to try to ruin someone else's day. On the bright side, the "old" guy is probably still fuming and gnashing his teeth because the police didn't side with him. And the fact that he painted himself into a corner by calling the police, such that had he done anything to your car, he would have been the prime suspect.

It was just another day around here. Highlight was likely that Connie and I walked around our path eating tangerines we pulled off of our trees.

Oh, I found some outside laser lights that I have been wanting, and put a few of them around the house and garage. I didn't want to wait till Christmas time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ToMfddopA

I like them so much that I ordered MORE of them. They look SO cool shining upwards into the trees from underneath. It's like having millions of lightning bugs flying around.

Old 11-26-2021, 12:15 PM   #5
JColt
Nice set up with lights. Much better than the old days when one bulb going bad meant spending outside in the cold finding the bad one.

Old 11-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #6
Insomniac101
Geez, Joe! Sounds like you encountered a Man-Karen!

They're not as common as Karens, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Old 11-26-2021, 02:56 PM   #7
WebSlave
I don't believe that a "Karen" has to necessarily be a biological female.

Speaking of which, what do doctors now put on birth certificates concerning the sex when a baby is born? Or has that now become illegal?

Old 11-26-2021, 03:19 PM   #8
Lucille
I will have my Thanksgiving Tuesday. Worth waiting for because my son and his family are coming over and they are cooking everything at their house and bringing it! Joe so glad you didn't actually have to do a ham smackdown, you are such a good cook and that moron was not worth wasting a delicious ham on.

Old 11-26-2021, 04:01 PM   #9
JColt
I hope you have a good time Lucille! My daughter cooked so much that I still have 1/2 ham left. Going to fry up some potatoes and ham for supper tonight then watch a movie.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:17 PM   #10
Helenthereef
What a great story!

Did you ever see the episode of "The Osbournes" where Ozzy and Sharon threw a baked ham over their neighbour's fence after a dispute? Ozzy wanted it to be a pig's head, but he had to make do with what was in the kitchen...

Warning, a LOT of obscenity in the videos....

"I try and be a nice neighbor but it gets personal, if they wanna f**k with me then they're f**king with the wrong person because I'll start throwing dead animals over the f**king thing. I don't give a f**k I-I-I'll throw pig guts and things over there. Alright starting tonight war is on!"
— Ozzy Osbourne

Part 1 of the infamous ham tossing incident:

https://www.facebook.com/TheOsbourne...4548912223526/

“The ham incident” part 2:

https://www.facebook.com/TheOsbourne...4549372223480/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!