Trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
Trip to Monterey Bay Aquarium

Utta and I went to visit the Aquarium last week, we had a great time. I got some video of sharks, jellies and the feeding of the otters, I'll add it on once it's ready.

Adorable loggerhead turtle

Trying to get some shots of him and got photobombed by a puffer

2 of the otters

Special exhibit going on right now is - Tentacles!

Flamboyant cuttlefish, these lil guys are smaller than a quarter. Got some video of them as well.

My favorites were the jelly fish
especially these spotted lil cuties

Upside down jellies!

Old 05-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril

Skate egg cases cut open to show the developing embryo

these guys were hanging out together singing 'Best friends'

Old 05-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
limit of 12 photos per post... anyways saved best for last

elusive gopher snake 'molt'

Hope you enjoyed!
-April

Old 05-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #4
Lucille
Those are gorgeous pictures!!! I'm amazed at how beautiful the jellyfish are. I always though that they would be difficult to keep but those look very healthy.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
~Just Curious~
I'm glad to hear that you guys had an awesome time there, thanks for sharing these neat pictures!
The upside down jelly one is my favorite~

Old 05-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #6
LauraB
Those are absolutely gorgeous, April! Octopus species have always been one of my favorite marine animals. The jellyfish photos are just stunning! Thanks so much for sharing.

(And please give a friendly "hey" out to Utta )

Old 05-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #7
Casey Hulse
I love that place, I haven't been there in probably 12 years, but it is back on my list. Thanx for the great pictures. Is it still true that all of the sea life there is from the bay and surrounding Pacific?

Old 05-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
allreptiles1966
I used to live in San Luis Obispo and moved to Monterey bay back about 30 years ago. I love that whole area. I took a month and a half riding my motorcycle from San Diego up the whole coast line. It was very impressive to see Big Sur and the Redwood national forest.

Best time of my life. I looked like the Beverly Hillbillies when they moved to Cali. But I was on a Honda rice rocket with everything to camp and live on the road. Piled up so high I had a great back rest. I gad a cop pull me over and took my picture in San Fran. It was too funny. He couldn't believe I gad the amount if gear I had all strapped on and secure. He didn't give a ticket because he couldn't get anything yo fall off.

The whole bay us the bomb. I miss that area.

Awesome pics

Old 05-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the photos! So many of the jelly photos were blurry, those guys are always on the move. I'm happy some came out clear enough to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
Is it still true that all of the sea life there is from the bay and surrounding Pacific?
The majority of the critters, yes, are all from this area. They have added a few things, like penguins and of course they have the wide ranging ocean species, like sharks and Bluefin and Yellowfin tuna (and the occasional great white).

All of the water used is directly from the bay which is pretty cool. I would suspect this helps account for how well the variety of species fare in captivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
(And please give a friendly "hey" out to Utta )
I poked him to come say hello
I think we'll be taking a trip out to the redwoods soon.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:53 AM   #10
rigomez4
Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!