Wetland Documentary - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
crotalushorridus
Wetland Documentary

Hi all! I'm Aryeh (call me Ari) Miller from Chevy Chase, Maryland. I'm junior in high school and a aspiring herpetologist. I'm 17 and I recently finished a documentary I worked on for all of Sophmore year. This documentary is about a small wetland about a quarter mile from me that contains a large amount of herpetological diversity. I felt that my community didn't care for this place, as it is very hidden (which is a good thing), but the area I live in is under constant threat and I wanted this wetland to have something to back it up when discussion comes in to clear it out for apartments or that kind of things. I just finished so I thought this would be a good place to get it out. Take a look and tell me what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXT...ature=youtu.be

Cheers, Ari

Old 09-23-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
TooManyBurmese
Very well put together. I don't know how you got all of the footage of the tree frogs, it could not have been easy.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #3
~Just Curious~
Welcome to Fauna Ari! That's some nice footage you've recorded there, thanks for sharing with us!
I thought it was beautiful no matter what time of year, and it's wonderful that you're spreading awareness on the herps in your area! All wildlife needs an advocate, but our cold-blooded friends are too often overlooked.

I'm wishing you the best of luck in pursuing your dream~

Old 09-24-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
Beyond GenetiX
Welcome Ari. It must have taken a lot of time to put all that together. Awesome job and thanks for sharing.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #5
crotalushorridus
Thanks all! I took about a year to make. The Tree Frogs were indeed, not easy to film.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
Herps Alive!
Great work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
amphibians, turtles