Are you kidding me??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
WebSlave
Angry Are you kidding me???

So I get an email today saying that Best Buy was going to give me a birthday present this month. Just click on the link.... So yeah, I did that and went to a page that looks all spiffy and obviously supposed to make me feel real good about turning 69 years old this month. Heck, 10 percent off. Not a fortune but what the heck. It is something, right?

Quote:
Celebrate Your Birthday with 10% Off a Select Item

Choose a qualifying product to receive your birthday discount. See exclusions below.
The kicked from above is the statement "See exclusions below."

Well, here are the exclusions....
Quote:
Terms and Conditions
Offer valid 6/24/19–7/31/19. Markdowns taken from regular or Was prices. Not valid with any other coupons, offers or price match requests. Excludes Apple® products; Magnolia Design Center products; Amazon voice assistant and streaming players; Google voice assistant, Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Bose® audio products; SONOS; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony home audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players and set top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players, select Sharp TVs; TCL TVs; all gaming consoles; Leap Motion Controller; Wacom stylus; subscription software services; kate spade new york tech accessories, headphones and portable speakers; POSA cards; Sony camcorders, digital cameras, Alpha cameras, NEX cameras; Canon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, XA and XF series camcorders, lenses and flashes, G1X, G1X MARK II, G7X, N2, N100, S120, SX50, SX60 and G16; Nikon DSLR cameras, mirrorless cameras, lenses and flashes, Coolpix A, P340, P530, P600, P610 and S810c; GoPro cameras and accessories; Olympus point and shoot cameras, interchangeable-lens cameras, lenses; Drones $499 and up; unlocked phones; contract mobile phones; mobile broadband devices; digital music services and download cards; Electrolux major appliances; air conditioners, fans and dehumidifiers; Dyson; Pacific Sales products; Vitamix, Breville, Capital Brands, Nespresso; Magnolia products: Samsung TVs, sound bars and Blu-ray players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp TVs, LG TVs, Sunbrite TVs; Epson projectors, JVC projectors; iRobot; Sennheiser, Bowers & Wilkins, Rotel, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Universal Remote Control, Arcam, Peachtree, Savant, Sonus faber, Oppo and special order merchandise; special order, clearance, refurbished, pre-owned and open-box items; gift cards; taxes. Selection varies by store. Limit 1 offer per customer, per household. Valid on in-stock items only. Excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Offer must be presented at time of purchase.
Gee, thanks bunches. Nearly everything worth thinking about buying is on that list. Unless I wanted some nickle and dime cell phone protector or some sort nonsense.

For something that is supposed to be a gesture of good will, this is way off of the mark, IMHO. Actually, it is having the exact opposite effect, to be honest.

Who comes up with these things?

Old 07-02-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Greedy businesses that have your email address, phone numbers, etc. We, as a society, have turned into a bunch of morons who are half brain-dead and buy into half the crap fed to us. Thankfully, you (and I) and other consumers don't fall for the BS

Old 07-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
sschind
Quote:
So I get an email today saying that Best Buy was going to give me a birthday present this month. Just click on the link.... So yeah, I did that and went to a page that looks all spiffy and obviously supposed to make me feel real good about turning 69 years old this month. Heck, 10 percent off. Not a fortune but what the heck. It is something, right?

The kicked from above is the statement "See exclusions below."

Well, here are the exclusions....

Gee, thanks bunches. Nearly everything worth thinking about buying is on that list. Unless I wanted some nickle and dime cell phone protector or some sort nonsense.

For something that is supposed to be a gesture of good will, this is way off of the mark, IMHO. Actually, it is having the exact opposite effect, to be honest.

This would be my feeling as well. Not enough to not shop at Best Buy if they had what I needed but enough to think twice about simply heading there without shopping around.

How many people don't bother reading the exclusions and when they get to the store all excited about saving 10% on their new Iphone and finding out its not eligible make the purchase anyway or simply find some other cheap do dad they don't need but buy anyway to save the 10%.

If you feel like killing some time go to the store and pick up something on the list and go to check out. When they tell you it is excluded tell them you didn't know, and don't want it. Then leave it at the counter and go pick up something else on the list. Leave them with a cart full of stuff to put away. I'm sure you have AC and if its too hot you stay home but I don't so it might be a good way to kill a hot afternoon in the comfort of an AC store. Maybe find something for under a buck (if thy have anything) at the very end and act like you just won the jackpot when you save your 10%.

Either that or go pick out the most expensive thing on the exclusions list spend a couple of hours wasting their time with questions and adding on all sorts of items (warranties, geek quad, delivery, installation etc) and then when they tell you its excluded simply say "oh? that sucks" and walk away.

Old 07-02-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
yeah I get those emails as well, they basically want to sell you appliances with all the items excluded. lol

Old 07-02-2019, 06:24 PM   #5
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
Leave them with a cart full of stuff to put away.

Either that or go pick out the most expensive thing on the exclusions list spend a couple of hours wasting their time with questions and adding on all sorts of items (warranties, geek quad, delivery, installation etc) and then when they tell you its excluded simply say "oh? that sucks" and walk away.
I get the frustration with those ridiculous coupons that exclude everything, but why take it out on the sales people? They aren't the ones who make store policies, and you're just taking time away from those serious buyers who need assistance.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
I get the frustration with those ridiculous coupons that exclude everything, but why take it out on the sales people? They aren't the ones who make store policies, and you're just taking time away from those serious buyers who need assistance.
Yeah, not to mention that the next time I go to that store, I might really be serious about buying something, but none of the sales people would likely come near me. So I might have to wait a few days for turnover to put in a whole new lineup of sales people.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #7
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, not to mention that the next time I go to that store, I might really be serious about buying something, but none of the sales people would likely come near me. So I might have to wait a few days for turnover to put in a whole new lineup of sales people.
Both good points but I'd still be tempted. I've never really been assisted that much by best buy sales people so I guess I didn't see that side of it. The best I usually hope for is for them to point me in the direction of where I can go to find the information I am looking for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!