Wah, wah, wah! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:40 PM   #1
WebSlave
Angry Wah, wah, wah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer95 View Post
I have been robbed blind from this fauna classifieds... Straight lied to by a seller .. he never shipped them disconnected his phone... They person who operates this websites was pretty much telling me looser weepers... He was like anyone can post on here...... basically let me know me know.. though shit .. my problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock View Post
Yeah the BOI was to help protect people from scammers, atleast let you know about their track record anyhow!!! Its sad anymore the crooks make a killing and hide in the shadows meanwhile being an honest decent person gets you nothing!!! Cudos!! Morph market has some awesome contributing and premium members, ill keep my business on there...
Sorry gents, but I decided that I am just not willing to have to go to court for YOU so you can post about your poor decisions here. I just had my fill of a lot of people wanting everything for free from me and this site, including me potentially having to dig into my pockets to go to court just so you can USE this site to complain about someone else's dealings with you. So WAH, WAH, WAH, if you LOST the Board of Inquiry because it wasn't worth you (yes YOU!) supporting it enough to keep it alive. I warned you all for YEARS that this day was coming. So here it is.

If that pisses you off, well, yes, that is just tough. And as for you going somewhere else to get your freebies, well be my guest. Just watch out for that doorknob when the door slams against your butt on the way out.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:06 PM   #2
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Sorry gents, but I decided that I am just not willing to have to go to court for YOU so you can post about your poor decisions here. I just had my fill of a lot of people wanting everything for free from me and this site, including me potentially having to dig into my pockets to go to court just so you can USE this site to complain about someone else's dealings with you. So WAH, WAH, WAH, if you LOST the Board of Inquiry because it wasn't worth you (yes YOU!) supporting it enough to keep it alive. I warned you all for YEARS that this day was coming. So here it is.

If that pisses you off, well, yes, that is just tough. And as for you going somewhere else to get your freebies, well be my guest. Just watch out for that doorknob when the door slams against your butt on the way out.
LMFAO. Damn Rich, you’re getting nasty in your old age! I’m just glad I’m one of the older sellers and found good people to buy from on here. I don’t get why you got sued in the first place. Freedom of speech from individuals on here is a right as is it anywhere. I’m sorry it came to you flipping your wig. And people don’t like being ripped off. So I don’t really call it whining. But whatever. It’s YOUR site. I have noticed many many of us older breeders left this site for selling. Not totally sure why, but it’s sad. I see them on many other platforms.
IMO, this site has taken a dive.
Good luck with the name calling so to speak.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:21 AM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
LMFAO. Damn Rich, you’re getting nasty in your old age! I’m just glad I’m one of the older sellers and found good people to buy from on here. I don’t get why you got sued in the first place. Freedom of speech from individuals on here is a right as is it anywhere. I’m sorry it came to you flipping your wig. And people don’t like being ripped off. So I don’t really call it whining. But whatever. It’s YOUR site. I have noticed many many of us older breeders left this site for selling. Not totally sure why, but it’s sad. I see them on many other platforms.
IMO, this site has taken a dive.
Good luck with the name calling so to speak.
I didn't get sued. Well except for that run-in with Jeff B. over the kingsnakes.com domain name I wound up owning, of course. And that was settled a LONG time ago and had nothing at all to do with later changes that took place here.

So where did you come up with that idea that a lawsuit had anything to do with anything that happened here? There has never been another actual lawsuit filed against me otherwise. Lots, and LOTS of threats, of course. But no actual filing of such. And nothing along the lines of "do this or we will sue you", that was credible. What it really boiled down to was, why in the hell should I put up with the threats when most people in this business abandoned supporting what I was trying to do for THEM? The POTENTIAL for an expensive lawsuit for what I was doing for everyone else was the incentive (and quite enough incentive) for me to take a good hard look at what I was offering to YOU and compare the risks against the benefits. MY risks and MY benefits. Sorry, but you all lost on the bottom line when I saw how the scale tilted on that one.

As for me "getting nasty", well, thanks for the laugh there. What you are seeing now is just me being sick and tired of people complaining about something they had it within their grasp to prevent, and are now just whining and complaining about their loss, apparently thinking I owe them ALL of the rest of my blood.

As for "name calling", really? Please show me where I did that. If you want to complain about things, fine, but don't just make crap up that you pull out of thin air (or elsewhere).

"Flipping my wig"? I guess the quotes above at the entry point of this thread are from people that still have a tight grasp of their wigs, eh? You have an interestingly oblique view of reality, it appears.

Well, back to addressing the above mentioned quotes. Listen, I AM sorry, but when most of you all stopped having my back, I decided it was just silly for me to keep having yours and taking all the blows to the head and arrows to the back as a result. I am really sorry that some people think I am that stupid to just keep sticking my neck out for them. So if my decision related to my own welfare and peace of mind pisses off some people, then they will just have to stay pissed off about it.

And if people find better places to sell their animals, then fine, more power to them. I seriously hope it works out for them. Honestly, I don't have a personal stake in selling animals any longer, so no skin off of my back either way. But take a look around and tell me how many of those sites over the years that used to offer you all free classifieds still exist. Think there may be a reason for that? If you like a site that offers you something you consider as beneficial and worthwhile to YOU to preserve, support the damned places so you don't lose them too. At least TRY to learn a lesson in life. Sooner or later reality will set in for ALL website owners, just as it has in the past. I hope this revelation doesn't come as any surprise to anyone.

As I have said many times before, this site will ONLY remain existing as long as it is operating in the black. Not a single instant afterwards. I will try to do what I can to keep it operating, but that is all I can do. This is another decision that all of you will make for me concerning this site.

But as for seeing complaints about the BOI scattered all throughout this site, enough already. If people want to complain, fine, have at it. But THIS forum (FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum) is the place to do it. Nowhere else on this site, please.

Old 07-20-2021, 01:56 AM   #4
WebSlave
re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer95 View Post
I have been robbed blind from this fauna classifieds... Straight lied to by a seller .. he never shipped them disconnected his phone... They person who operates this websites was pretty much telling me looser weepers... He was like anyone can post on here...... basically let me know me know.. though shit .. my problem.
I found the email conversation I had with this gentleman, so let me post it here, verbatim, so we can see how it actually went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txflyer95
On 5/25/2021 8:21 AM, Txflyer95 @ FaunaClassifieds wrote:
> The following message was sent to you via the FaunaClassifieds Contact Us form by Txflyer95 ( mailto:xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com ).
>
> --------------------------------
>
> I paid for a snake through your online website and the seller never mailed or contacted me about shipping after payement.. I need you guys to help me get my money back.. please call me xxx-xxx-xxxx.. I paid 765.00 for a green anaconda via Venmo and they guy is no longer responding.
>
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 11:49 AM, WebSlave
<xxxxxxxxx@faunaclassifieds.com> wrote:
I just run the website which allows any registered member to post
classifieds, for buying and selling animals and merchandise. Sorry if
things did not go well for you, but I really have no control over how
people do business. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is it that you
believe I can do for you?
Quote:
On 5/25/2021 5:03 PM, I V wrote:
I was robbed...I'd figure your sure would would have it where not just anyone can just sign up ..post adds and steal money....from people like me...
Quote:
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 5:05 PM, WebSlave
<xxxxxxxxxx@faunaclassifieds.com> wrote:

Sure. Sounds like a great idea. Tell me how to do that and I'll look into it.
Quote:
On 5/25/2021 6:14 PM, I V wrote:
> I don't understand your site..you have no safety measures so people like me w don't get robbed but when I tried to change my name on your site you want me to pay some member ship fee to change it but you let thieves create fake accounts...I'm going to post a nice long paragraph about your site
Quote:
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 5:54 PM, WebSlave
<xxxxxxxxxx@faunaclassifieds.com> wrote:

Again, tell me about those safety measures you desire and how to implement them, along with how you would suggest blocking "thieves" from creating fake accounts. What are your ideas on how to do that?

Knock yourself out creating your paragraph. Please include your suggestions on how to make a better site yourself.
Quote:
On 5/25/2021 7:03 PM, I V wrote:
>
> So why are you making me pay some fee to change my name on your site but I crook can just walk in for free create an account and start robbing folks.¿????????
Quote:
On 5/25/2021 8:55 PM, WebSlave wrote:
>
> I am the one who has to make the member name change in the database. Do you want EVERYTHING for free on the site? Sorry, but I do have to withhold some services to try to entice members into becoming paying members and help support the site. Do you think I get the server I use for free? Do you believe my time should be available to everyone for free?
>
> As for creating an account, yes, that is for free, and anyone can do it. That is the nature of the internet. People can create false names, false locations, use fake IP addresses, and do it over and over again. Do you have a solution about how to fix that sort of problem? Seriously, I spend a lot of time weeding such people out and so do the moderators, and yet some will get through anyway. And push come to shove, we are not OBLIGATED to put in any such effort in the least. So if you have a foolproof plan on how to prevent that, and make it easier on us poor fumbling boobs, I am all ears.
The defense rests.

Old 07-20-2021, 02:53 AM   #5
allreptiles1966
You didn’t actually call any names. But, I take telling them they are whining is just about calling them whiners.
I never turned my back on this site or you. After my heart attacks, I had to chill. I came back to no boi and that made my decision easy. If you look it up, I did my best to catch the scumbags ripping others off. And did, twice, Rich. I actually really like this site. You were a good dude that I clearly see is now frustrated with the bs. Watch the heart man. Stress is a killer.
You helped me on a couple occasions. IMO, it’s hard to purchase reptiles anywhere and be totally safe. Even with the boi. But that helped quite a bit. If my selling and buying all my boss and beardies on here, I never got scammed. I did donate to a little girl that ended up being a scam. But no money was expected. It was a one eye sunglow. So I trusted and believed in this site 100% and was why I paid the site money. Now, Rich, things are different with the site and I’m not so sure about buying from all these new people without that boi.

Law suit came from you saying something about getting sued or taking the chance of it. I assumed you did. I’m sorry. If no suit, why close the boi? It’s a great tool for new people like I was. It probably saved me thousands of dollars. I bought every boa I owned from this site and that was many! I never even bought at the mite infested shows. Trust is earned and I believe the boi helped people trust in others. I met good people on here that I’m still friends with. When I came back to life, I came right here and was shocked at all the people missing from on here. Regulars so to speak.

I can’t really argue with you. I’m just a high school grad that smoked hundreds of lbs of weed in my years. Hey, im not stupid by far, but not as intelligent as you are or even close I’m sure. Oh well. I just know how I feel and say it. That’s why I got in trouble on here many times. I’m blunt and no know other way but to be direct. Not a good quality to many. But, bluntness gets across.

I don’t know the reason you removed the boi, but it does suck, Rich.

Old 07-20-2021, 04:52 AM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
I don’t know the reason you removed the boi, but it does suck, Rich.
I gave people LOTS of warnings about it. These threads were from 2009 when I discussed this probability:

https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...d.php?t=139742
https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...d.php?t=139468

I believe there were other threads even earlier than that and probably scattered about afterwards. Somehow I always found a reason to be more optimistic than I really should have been, I guess, and the BOI remained.

But then when I was pretty certain that there was NO light at the end of the tunnel, just more of the same as I have seen over the years:

https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...d.php?t=680507

I believe in those links my reasons are sufficiently documented.

Disappointing? You betcha. But likely my own fault because I thought I was doing a good thing that a majority of the people in this industry/hobby would recognize and have good reason to support. So no, obviously I'm not smart at all. Honestly, had I known back when I created the BOI what I know now, I never would have started it.

So when I see people coming here and bitching about what they chose to let go, well, it does irk me somewhat. But perhaps people just expected as much from me as I did of them, and we are all disappointed about our unrealized expectations.

So anyway, if you read the above links and anything is unclear, just ask.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:35 AM   #7
allreptiles1966
I really don’t remember that going on. If I did know, I surely would have protested!
Ok, maybe not smart if you say it. But damn, Rich, you are intelligent. Not kissing ass, really! It’s not hard to tell intelligent people. I’m thinking in 2009 I was taking a beating by the crew back then. Not 100% but seems right in timing with my first litters if boas. That’s probably the time I really got into fauna. I met great people on there. Diem being one of them. Tough girl, but honest! There’s many more as know.

I sat up last night and did read that entire thread. I now understand, mostly, what you said.
I just agree with many others about scumbags ripping others off, gotta be a way to deter them.
I personally like the idea of a serious beating. That can cure a lot of rip offs. Court doesn’t work on people.
I see a few old timers on here still to the day. I’m glad. If I personally could get people here, I would. Every time I talk to people about reptiles, I tell them to check out fauna. I’m still not kidding your ass. I’m just trying to say how much fauna was good for me, personally.

I wish you the best, Rich. Seems like a forever battle running this site. And then dealing with people like me on top of all that. Rich, got family man? Don’t have to answer. Keep them in mind. As I stated, stress really kills. I have first hand experience. Your health is more important than any reptile site.

Old 07-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
I just agree with many others about scumbags ripping others off, gotta be a way to deter them.
Well here is another thread where I discuss implementing what, so far, is the best I can come up with for members to utilize to try to weed out the scammers HERE on this site:

https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...d.php?t=750570

Sure, it is not perfect, but neither is this site, nor will it ever be. We are all just trying to do our best with the cards we have been dealt.

I really wish everything would go smoothly for everyone in their transactions with others. Personally, I REALLY hate scammers. Which is the primary reason I originally set up the Board of Inquiry. I do wish things had turned out better for it, but it just is what it is now. So just as I am doing, please try to make the best of it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!