A tip for sellers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Shadera
A tip for sellers

If you want someone to buy something, you need to be able to at least show them a picture of it.

I have an ad going looking for a specific morph. I've had two people contact me so far. One doesn't even have the animal in their possession but will 'try to get me a picture', and the other actually has the animal but 'the ex-wife did all the emails and pictures'.

Most of us wouldn't buy an animal without seeing it, especially a visual morph. Hets I can understand, but visuals?

Sorry, it just frustrates me that people think others would drop a grand without laying eyes on the beastie, especially when the ad does say to send pics and info..

Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
Honestly, I wont purchase even a normal without looking at it first.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Tiger Lilly
In this day & age of technology, I don't understand people that are savvy enough to get on the computer, surf the internet & post classifieds...but don't realize how important photos are.
Shoot, you could probably offer the kid next door $5 to take some pics & post them for you!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
Honestly, I wont purchase even a normal without looking at it first.

If there's no pic in the ad and I'm interested enough then I'll email asking for pics, but I've got to be really interested. Pics in the ads just have a better presentation overall. I don't personally care if there's the 'preview' pic before opening the ad but sometimes those will get me to look at something I would have otherwise passed up on. I like when lots of details are given in the ads such as where *insert reptile here* came from, parental background if CB, what it's feeding on, etc. rather than the quick info line and a ph#.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!