Time machine moments - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Lucille
Time machine moments

I think many of us wish we could go back in time and undo things, maybe something we said in anger, maybe something we didn't say, like telling a loved one that they are loved often enough.

But I'm talking about mishaps where if we could only go back for a few seconds and just sort of readjust things. Like today when I was on a ladder about 12 feet up and dropped a bucket of white semi gloss onto the deck which splattered onto the newly painted grey siding, the windows, of course, the deck, the dogs......

Just a few seconds, that's all I ask. It is going to take a long time to undo all of this.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
LauraB
Omg ... I give you props for just getting 12 feet up that ladder!

Can't say I feel that exact pain, nor have anything near that kind of mess or clean up ... but if it makes you feel just a teensy weensy bit better, a few months back I opened the glass dairy door at the store to get a gallon of milk. What I didn't notice (2 racks above my eye-level) was the very upper rack with another gallon leaning against the swing-out door, like some kind of evil booby trap.

The gallon above my head came down on my shoulder, the cap burst off and the milk went everywhere. I was as soaked as I was embarrased. But at least it was only milk, only a gallon and I didn't have to clean it up. And the employees were ever so nice and catered to my every need, probably thinking I'd want to sue or something,l lol.

As for your time machine moment; well, if I could turn back time, if I could find a way
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
WebSlave
Heck, I would give a LOT to have a time machine to go back and kick myself soundly in the butt to stop me from going through with that new 427 engine i wanted for my vette. Two and a half years later, the car is STILL not on the street. Worked on by two shops that in my opinion really screwed me over, and the car is now sitting on the lift in my garage since this past November. And WAY, WAY over budget....

Old 05-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
~Just Curious~
Eek...I'm very sorry to hear about that Lucille. That sucks! Hope that clean-up goes as easy as possible for you.
Likewise Laura, I feel your pain! You're not alone - I'd fumbled a gallon once and it ruptured open on my knee, pouring milk out everywhere. Simply mortifying!
But no use crying over it right? (Sorry, I just had to!)

I guess the list of things I'd like to go back and fix really is never-ending. Why just the other day I walked smack into a low tree branch, gave myself a nice goose egg.
Guess all we can do is keep moving foward though...

Hang in there! Here's hoping everyone's luck turns around~

Old 05-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
Lucille
Sometimes I think a day makes all the difference. I woke up and thought about the disaster:

1) The paint is not toxic so the dogs can just stay speckled for a while.
2) After I finished painting the house, I was going to refinish the deck. This involves sanding, so although the deck is unsightly now, in a month when refinished it will be fine.
3)I found a sanding thingie I have, sandpaper attached to a comfy foam holder. I lightly sanded the siding and tomorrow (it is raining today) will just give the spattered area another coat of paint.
4) I have this implement for my aquariums, a blade at the end of a long holder, meant to scrape algae. I thought the window job (the door and window have nine panes each) was going to take a day. It took 30 minutes, the scraper scraped the paint right off and I cleaned the windows. (Of course I noticed that I needed to shine up the inside of the windows, I'll do that later today).

I guess sometimes a good night's sleep to awake to fresh perspective, and then breaking the problem down to smaller parts one can handle, sometimes makes a disaster seem less disastrous.
Thank you for commiserating, Laura, thank you for the fairy godmother picture. She can stick around, I still have the rest of the painting near the top of the house to finish.
Rich, I hope that your car gets that engine installed and that it will be worth the wait.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
~Just Curious~
Wink Was reminded of this old thread tonight, so thought I'd revive it~

I just tried painting my nail tips in bed. I had a new tube of white, so the lid was the same color and shape of the bottle... I'm sure you see where this is going. I wasn't paying attention, so instead of pulling the lid up off the rest of the tube, I accidentally held it upside-down and pulled the full tube up off of the lid. It all glugged out before I even knew what I'd done wrong.
You never really realize how much one of those tiny polish bottles hold until it's splattered all over your clothes, hands, and bedspread - plus it reeks and is proving tough to remove.

It's obviously not a big deal, certainly not on the level of Lucille's, but at least dropping/fumbling something makes sense. Opening something upside-down isn't as excusable, I honestly have no idea what's wrong with my brain sometimes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!