Anyone Actually TRUST Shipping ?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Burmgirl23
Question Anyone Actually TRUST Shipping ??

Hey Guys,

I've been popping in and out of the BOI, Both for Canada & USA, and I've found that ALOT of people are having problems with snakes, lizards ect ect

I'm going to be a first timer to this whole shipping thing soon, because i'm looking to get a few BP'S

I'm just scared that with everything i've read on the BOI, that my snake will either be sick, dead and have something wrong with it

I know alot of people say "LIVE ON ARRIVAL" But sometimes i just don't trust it

Anyone know of some good breeders i can go thru without getting F**ked over ? or atleast give me some advice on shipping and all that stuff ??

Thanks

Old 07-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
First off.

Research your Seller.

Second, Dont use ** for swears, they will be considered just the same, and you may, or may not get warning points for it. Just so you know. Besides all that

Ive had lots of critters shipped, and havent had one DOA, Thats not to say it will never happen, but overall, if you buy from the right seller, they pack well and a DOA is just not something you need to worry too much about. if it does happen, a good seller will usually require you to take photos IMMEDIATELY * take photos when you get every snake, anyway, make it a habit* and Notify them right away as well. and they will replace the animal. Make sure to check everyones terms of service agreements, and be sure to ask for them as well. read everything. Some people dont cover live arrival to a persons house through fedex, but will cover it though the airlines.

Research Research Research

Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #3
Burmgirl23
Thanks Alicia for all the information, i will def look into that
and my bad on useing the * for the swear words... i didn't know..... hopefully i don't get dinged for it , that would be bad... i wouldn't want that

stupid me typing while half asleep... ha ha

but thanks again

Old 07-31-2008, 11:06 AM   #4
TheFragginDragon
Good advice from Alicia. Definately use the BOI to it's fullest potential, it's saved lots of people from potentially disastrous transactions.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
Geckophoria
They are both right. Research the purchase. Not just on the BOI. I have found that some people are not comfortable talking about people on the BOI, or anywhere for that matter. Inquire with some of the board regulars, they may have some insight or have heard something through the rumor mill.

As a breeder myself, I can tell you that anyone worth buying from will care for the animal's safety and health as well as your satisfaction. It doesn't look good for them to have an animal show up dead, and you will find that a good breeder may be just as upset as you are. Take pics as soon as you receive them and look them over well. If anything is noticed or a concern has arrisen, call or email the seller. If the seller is like me, they want to know that your animals has gotten there safely and that you are 100% satisfied.

That's my two cents worth, and it still won't buy bubble gum!!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #6
McLovin
as others mentioned research your seller. I usually ask how thick the foam is and I've personally received all but one of my snakes with either 3/4 or 1" thick foam and I live next to New Orleans so definately not cold but this prolly reflects on who I buy my snakes from. With thick boxes like these the hot and cold packs are not really necessary at all taking lots of factors out the equation cuz URI's don't happen overnight IMO. I always make sure there is a clear understanding that I want the snake(s) dropped off no earlier than 4 pm for next day delivery before 10:30 am but in the summer months I usually pick them up at the store at 8:15 am instead of letting them go on the truck for some bumpy driving. Hope it helps

Old 07-31-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
KathyLove
Besides researching the seller and choosing the right one, the most important thing you could do to assure the safety of your incoming herp is to have it held at the FedEx office, and go pick it up first thing in the morning. Then it won't have to be stressed on a truck that could be really hot or cold. Remember, the most likely mistakes to be made during shipping occur on the final delivery leg, by the truck driver. You can avoid all of that by picking up in the morning at the FedEx office.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!