Is Something Wrong With My Ball Python? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
IloveSnakes1234
Is Something Wrong With My Ball Python?

Right now I'm holding my youngest bp and he's acting all calm. Which is weird since all he does is want to explore but today he's just rolled up in a ball and he layed his head on my hand and is just acting weird. Is he sick or something? I was thinking that he's like this because this past week I'm kind of moody and I'm really sick. Maybe it's the weather? Does any one know whats happening to him?!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
bigdogg
Sounds like he is just acting like a normal ball python. Even though sometimes when they are nice and warm they will get out and cruise around sometimes they just want to ball up and chill. I wouldn't suspect anything wrong unless he starts rolling on his back or doing way out of the blue things. But being balled up is not out of the ordinary. But good luck.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
IloveSnakes1234
I guess but still... he has NEVER acted like this. I just put him in his cage and it's been 30 min and he hasn't moved at all.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
LadyOhh
Don't worry too much. Just keep watching him to see if he starts getting any visible symptoms if you think he is sick.

It does, however, just sound like he may be just a tad stressed?

Have you been taking him out more frequently?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh
Don't worry too much. Just keep watching him to see if he starts getting any visible symptoms if you think he is sick.

It does, however, just sound like he may be just a tad stressed?

Have you been taking him out more frequently?
I haven't been taking him out more.... I'm usually with him 5-10 min almost every day. It's always been like that.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
LadyOhh
Well, then, just watch him closer to see if there are any other behavioral differences.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
Melinda
perhaps he's starting his shed cycle? my crew get cranky when they shed.

Old 07-22-2007, 12:48 AM   #8
IloveSnakes1234
Might be... but I would have noticed this in his last shed. He stopped being like this. But it was definitely weird.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #9
Melinda
It really could have been a million things. Something could have scared him. A cat, dog, bird, car backfiring, earthquake, weird weather change, oncoming shed, belly ache, gut gas, new smell etc... a million tiny things that we would not think of, but may affect other critters.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #10
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda
It really could have been a million things. Something could have scared him. A cat, dog, bird, car backfiring, earthquake, weird weather change, oncoming shed, belly ache, gut gas, new smell etc... a million tiny things that we would not think of, but may affect other critters.
Thanks Melinda for the help... and Heather...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!