Fighting tegus - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
varnyard
Fighting tegus

I had a time with my girls fighting the other day. I knew they would fight to guard their nest. I had them apart for over a month. I put them back together, and the next day I found one of my girls beat up pretty good. I called Bert, he said they will fight until it is time to hibernate. He said one in 10 females would even fight the following spring. I have them all apart for now. They will also attack the male sometimes. I am beginning to think I am breeding crocodiles, lol. They also tend to be aggressive towards me as well.

I heard they were very aggressive when guarding the nest, but I found out these mommas can get real nasty when on guard. They do not act like this when they are not brooding. Funny thing is they are not guarding anything, the eggs are in the incubator.