I NEED SOME HELP - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Mr. Constrictor
I NEED SOME HELP

I just tried to feed my albino and he wouldn't eat and he has not eaten in 39 days. Thats not the problem and I wouldn't worry about a ball that hasn't eaten in 39 days. When I lifted his hide and saw his head I noticed these marks right behind his head on both sides and a small mark on top.

Its kind of blood red almot like an internal cut. Its not a bite because he hasn't seen a live meal since his 3rd feeding. Its not a burn. His setup is a 32 qt tub, one hide and a water bowl. I checked my herpstat and it was reading a high of 94.1 with a low of 93. Thats on the tape so its a little lower threw the tub and paper. Is a trip to the vet in order? The other 3 snakes in this rack are fine.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
kellysballs
I would go ahead and take him to the vet. They will be able to scrape the area and view it under the microscope to see if it is fungal or bacterial or just an abrasion. Looks almost like a bad bruise from being restrained but I can't really tell from looking at pics online.

If he was mine I would take him in for the vet to check out. Good Luck!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #3
Gloryhound
It almost looks like he got his head caught inbetween something like a rack and the tub being slid shut. What ever it is I would say a trip to the vet would be worth it.

Good luck!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
myburms

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!