Ben Siegel Incident - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
RichsBallPythons
The word is he inhaled vomit aka aspirated. Thus drowned on his own throw up.

If EMT was there they would of been able to keep him breathing with tube and so on till they get to the ER to get fluid/food out.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
KORBIN5895
Yes I understand that. I guess more details are needed because apparently his buddy kept him in the back of his truck for an hour without saying anything. If that is the case I can see his friend getting manslaughter.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
hhmoore
Quote:
The word is he inhaled vomit aka aspirated. Thus drowned on his own throw up.

If EMT was there they would of been able to keep him breathing with tube and so on till they get to the ER to get fluid/food out.
Except that one witness said that the deceased was feeling sick in the parking lot after the event...so EMS might have been gone anyway. From what little has been posted, it is unclear where he aspirated - for all we know, he could have made it home and vomited in his sleep.
While I won't disagree that EMS should probably have been onhand for such an event; their presence wouldn't necessarily have changed the outcome.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
Teatime
Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
Yes I understand that. I guess more details are needed because apparently his buddy kept him in the back of his truck for an hour without saying anything. If that is the case I can see his friend getting manslaughter.
Or did it take an hour to drive him home? We really don't know much at all about this. Maybe Eddie should've asked his friend to drive him to the hospital instead of his house. Maybe they were trying to decide whether he wanted to pay the medical bills and that took an hour. It's too early with too few facts to say.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
KORBIN5895
According to post number 40 the ambulance arrived at the event and took him away. At which point the friend asked for the snake .

Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
hhmoore
Quote:
According to post number 40 the ambulance arrived at the event and took him away. At which point the friend asked for the snake .
Hmmm - I haven't been able to view the other discussion, so I was unaware of that post. Sad situation...did anybody do anything before the arrival of the ambulance? What was his condition when they arrived?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #17
Teatime
Oh -- when I stopped reading that topix thread earlier it was up to post 29. I'll read the rest of it.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Which is why The info is conflicting, because some say it was his house, then some say EMS took him from the Store.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
Teatime
Post #43:

Quote:
He did not pass " within an hr" it was at least few hours later. His friend put him in the truck and everyone thought they were gone. His buddy said he was taking him home, instead his buddy watched him pass away without doing anything to help. Also it took EMS more than 20 minutes to get there after the first call. Eddy was asked if he was ok when he was throwing up and he said he was ok, he just wanted his friend to take him home. The friend also had the balls to ask for Eddies snake that he won after the ambulance took him away.
This post is so contradictory it's aggravating. They say Eddie's friend watched him pass away in his truck without doing anything to help. Then the ambulance took away his corpse? Yet they were sat there for "a few hours". And it only took EMS 20+ minutes to get there, so why did they allow them to sit there for hours?

At any rate: Asphyxiating on vomit is very common among people who have passed out drunk, yet I don't see EMS personnel at bars where there might be drinking contests. I have to wonder how this will all pan out.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #20
SPJ
It sounds like it happened at the store.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!