Help with a rescued Leo - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-20-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Louiscamp
Help with a rescued Leo

I got a leo that I rescued that I'm trying to restore it's health. She seems to not be eating, offering meal worms and small crickets. Very little excess "fat" in her tail, actually quite skinny. Any ideas on getting her to eat?

Thanks!

Lou

Old 03-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
Gekkonida
I would recommend a trip to the vet to check for any unseen issues that may be causing her not to eat. Set her up on paper towel... give her a dry and a moist hide box... and leave a bowl of small meal worms and water in the cage with her. If you try crickets make sure you take them out if she doesn't eat them, otherwise they may add to her stress level. Hope she starts eating for you soon.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
dragonflyreptiles
Check the temps too, if they are too high or too low eating is affected.

And as Frederick said a trip to the vet.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #4
robin d.
definately a trip to the veet and by all means keep her as far as you can from your other reptiles incase she has anything. when working with her make sure she is the last to be worked with and clean and sterilize and sterilize... hope she perks up and gets back to good health

Old 03-22-2005, 09:13 PM   #5
Louiscamp
Thanks for your help. First thing I did was raise the Temps a bit, they seem to be responding very well to this.

Lou

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!